Impact Driven Product Management Lead
Bright is Mexico’s #1 residential solar provider (think Sunrun for the developing world, starting first in Mexico). We provide the financing and software that enable thousands of student ambassadors and retail promoters to offer cheaper electricity to homes at no upfront cost, and we work with our network of hundreds of local installers and distributors to satisfy the resulting demand. Our first market is Mexico, which has more sun, higher electricity rates, and lower labor costs than the US. Bright's investors include First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and other top Silicon Valley firms.
Bright is a venture-backed startup building the solar operating system to power every home across the world. Our platform allows homeowners to easily adopt solar with no initial investment and save 20% or more on their electricity bill. In doing so, we’re enabling rapid solar adoption and pioneering a sustainable energy future.
We’re looking for someone interested in having an impact far beyond pixels on a screen, or rows in a database. We believe global warming is one of the most important challenges in our lifetime, and Bright provides a unique opportunity for you to use product skills to make a serious impact. The process for homeowners to adopt solar power is unnecessarily complicated, and the industry, especially internationally, is young.
This is an incredibly unique opportunity as we’re growing very quickly as the market leader but just getting around to hiring our first official product lead (our head of software has served this role up until now). We’ve operated incredibly lean and this is a one-of-a-kind role for someone that wants to be early but is looking for a low risk opportunity that will certainly have an impact on the world.
As our first official product hire, you’ll be responsible expanding our "solar operating system" that connects third party partners to deliver a seamless and low cost solar experience for homeowners. A typical day may involve diving deep with internal users as well as third parties installers, distributors, and financiers, then coming back and brainstorming creative and elegant solutions with our Head of Software and CEO.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of SaaS, consumer, or internal tools product management experience
- Residence within a 3 hour timezone of Mexico City (although we think this will probably be a US based hire).
- An exceptional track record of launching products/services and managing their success on an end-to-end product lifecycle.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong metric goal setting and analysis with the ability to translate results to stakeholders and recommend actionable product growth initiatives.
- Extra points if you have a history of helping stakeholders find other ways to solve their challenges without needing to build software (either via zapier, airtable, or similar bizops tools OR by helping them structure a more elegant process that avoids the challenge entirely)
Why Us? While Bright shares the same benefits many startups offer, we also have a few unique ones:
- Directly solving one of the 21st century’s largest problems: affordable clean energy
- A measured impact, daily - while most startups claim to “make the world a better place”, Bright actually is
- Travel - the ability to travel to Mexico and around the world as Bright expands.
- Being part of a dynamic new industry - as solar prices continue to drop, the industry is rapidly changing. Bright is helping to lead the charge.