Head of operations
$70k - $150k • 0.10% - 1.00%
Everything you buy was shipped. And you overpay for it because freight brokers are always involved in every freight shipping and charge enormously high commissions. At Zerobroker, we transform the $800 billion trucking industry and make freight shipping broker-free.
Every single thing that you buy was shipped. How things are shipped affects how we live and how we behave. And the trucking industry is the very lifeblood of the global economy.
At Zerobroker, we have set out to create a logistics system working at zero waste, without any middlemen and with perfect timing. We use the most innovative technologies to create the future today. We are transforming the $800 billion trucking industry and making freight shipping broker-free. And we’d like your help.
It’s not often you are given a chance to start fresh, where you are free to challenge the way things are and to persuade how things ought to be, where design and technology are not determined by history but driven by the promise of something bigger. We have room to explore, the ambition to create, and a wheel to transform, knowing wherever you land today is just the beginning of where you’ll be tomorrow. This is the beauty of starting new–when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your experience.
At Zerobroker, we have set out to create a logistics system that performs on-par with the most elegant logistics system in the world — the human circulatory system. Imagine a system working at 100%, with zero waste, and with perfect timing. We see it modeled in nature, and now we’ve set out to replicate it with our most innovative technology. And we’d like your help. As our first head of operations, you’ll focus on building the world’s most exceptional operations.
What you will do:
- Recruit, lead, motivate, and develop all-star teams in all operating functions, including logistics and fleet management, dispatching, safety and compliance, customer support, etc.
- Analyze the performance of your teams and provide constructive feedback to them on a consistent basis
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, policies, processes, and staff
- Directly oversee operations, HR, Finance, and Marketing, and partner with the CEO on sales management to budget for sufficient investment capital to achieve growth targets over the near term
- Roll up your sleeves and do everything that helps our partners, company, and teams to succeed
- Prioritize tasks based on business impact and available resources
- Contribute to technical conversations around deadlines and engineering solutions
- Make magic out of the complicated and antiquated freight industry through intense focus on simplification and delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Focus on results unflinchingly. Consider how short-term activities are in concert with long-term objectives
- Champion continuous improvement in everything, but don’t allow perfect to get in the way of progress
- Provide solutions to all operational issues and focus on removing barriers to success
- Enjoy problem-solving—this is a large portion of your role.
We are looking someone with:
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a high-volume and fast-paced operational, B2B or customer support environment, including minimum 1 year of leading teams
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Always willing to roll up your sleeves and take on tasks hands-on
- Ability to recognize and cultivate rising talent
- Self-motivated, with a deep affinity for problem-solving, always challenging the status quo, and never settling for the way something “has always been done”
- Ability to question, understand, and challenge implementation decisions and priorities
- Ability to collaborate successfully across multiple domains
- A bold and optimistic personality: We challenge the status quo every day, and we’re looking for people who are comfortable asking bold, quirky questions and have the mental resilience that comes from knowing we’re at the start of a long journey.
As a startup company, we don’t limit our team members. Instead, we set out to discover their strongest sides. We understand that your skillset may be stronger in some areas than others, but we expect you to contribute in every step of building an outstanding customer experience. You should also ask for help from any team member whenever you need it. We don’t look for people who can do one particular job. We look for people with whom we want to share our vision and lives. Join our team early and see how high and far you can go!
Let’s make the impossible, possible together. Come join us!
The problem we are solving is extremely hard! No one ever solves it before. Zerobroker is the first company in the world that challenges the status quo of the old freight transportation industry and makes it broker-free.
We do it by providing real-time upfront pricing, automating payments, insurances, capacity vetting, matching, and everything else that companies need to move their loads securely and without paying brokerage commissions.
We also empower small and mid-sized trucking companies to act as full-scale logistics companies without hiring a single employee.
When we succeed 7.6 billion people in the world will buy products cheaper!