Software Engineer (Product)
OneSchema (oneschema.co) enables operations teams at SaaS companies to import customer CSV data 10x faster (demo). Our product is smart spreadsheet that makes data cleansing as simple as a few clicks. By configuring a no-code data template in OneSchema, our users can run an automated set of validations and transformations on their data, instead of having to hunt for and resolve issues one at a time. Operations teams use OneSchema when they need to repeatedly upload data to a system with a known schema (for example, setting up a new customer's data in a SaaS product or uploading a supplier inventory catalogs). Our vision is to automate the “long tail of ETL” processes that are managed by operations via CSV files over email.
We are backed by top investors including General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, and Y Combinator.
We are a rapidly growing seed-stage company. Expect talented, motivated, intense, and interesting co-workers. Must be willing to work in-person from our office in San Francisco. Compensation will include substantial equity ownership.
Skills: CSS, React, Ruby, TypeScript, PostgreSQL
We're a rapidly growing seed-stage company and are looking for a senior product engineer to go 0 to 1 on our most important core product initiatives.
- You will be be responsible for extending the power of our main spreadsheet web UI by building out features for flexible data manipulation and editing functionality.
- You will own architecture decisions and front-end performance for an infinite scrolling web-based spreadsheet that supports thousands of columns and millions of rows.
- You will own the engineering work of our upcoming product redesign, and set best practices for our component library and patterns for front-end data access.
- You will be the primary user of the API layer between our front-end and the backend, making sure that we use the right access patterns to send data between our servers and our product surfaces.
- You will work directly with the CTO to understand the customer and make decisions on product that will lead to a better user experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience (React, Typescript, CSS, PostgreSQL, Ruby API)
- An expert with React
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Excited about wearing multiple hats in a fast-moving environment. Able to hustle to drive results
- Self-driven, self-motivated, fast learner. Ability to own open-ended projects end-to-end.
Our stack consists of React, TypeScript, Ruby, and Sinatra. We use Postgres, Redis, and S3 for data storage.