$100k - $120k • 0.20% - 0.30%
With the rise of gig platforms and the creator economy, more young people are finding themselves getting paid as if they were business owners rather than employees. Keeper Tax is helping this new generation take advantage of business tax deductions. On average, our customers discover extra write-offs worth $6,076 per year!
Skills: Figma, Data Analytics
Keeper Tax is TurboTax for the next generation of workers. Uber drivers, Youtube creators, small business owners, freelance photographers; anyone with a side hustle or non-traditional income can automatically save an average of $1,249/year on taxes using Keeper Tax. We’re on a mission to help the 59M (and growing!) working-class Americans with 1099 income discover the tax write-offs they’ve been missing.
We are growing rapidly, just raised a $13M series A, and are scaling the team to keep up (4 —> 12 employees in the past 6 months). Come join us and build the future of taxes!
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our growing team. You will be the second Product Manager, working with the core engineering team and reporting directly to the first PM. Together we'll work to make taxes easy and rewarding for a rapidly growing demographic.
CEO of the product. As the second PM, your scope of ownership will encompass the entire product. You will own focus areas such as onboarding, monetization, tax filing, and core UX. You will have the agency to drive these focus areas as you see fit: if you can convince the team an idea is important, we’ll work on it!
Hands-on, creative work. Your average day will be focused on hands-on, creative work in partnership with the engineering team. You will talk to users, deeply analyze product usage and performance, build focus-area roadmaps, spec and design new features, and communicate results to the team.
Some of the challenges you’ll work on:
- Functional tax education. Most people know that there are clever ways to save money on taxes, but they don’t know where to begin. How can we demystify the process in a way that doesn’t require users to read a lot of content? Can we teach with examples? Can we make the process genuinely enjoyable and satisfying?
- Rethinking tax filing. Almost anyone will tell you that filing taxes is confusing, frustrating, and time consuming. How can we use best-in-class UX, transaction data, and predictive ML to change that? Could you file your taxes in 60 seconds on a mobile phone?
- Nuts & bolts. How can we transform the tax industry while creating and operating a sustainable business that can grow to $billions? What's the best way to find, onboard, and retain the users who need this product most?
- 1-3 years experience with end-to-end product development as a Product Manager at a Software company. You have participated in the creation of multiple features from idea through to release and are comfortable working directly with developers and making product decisions with minimal oversight.
- Empathetic. You can talk to users, elicit their honest feedback, and synthesize your learnings into actionable insights for the team. You strive to understand everything about the customer’s life. You’ve moved beyond the formality of “user research”. For you, it’s just “talking to customers”. If you don’t have incredible customer intuition & empathy, you'll have a hard time wielding any influence in our org.
- Analytical. We aren’t a feature factory, we want to build the most impactful features in the shortest time possible. You’ll need the ability to combine raw data with product intuition to systematically identify the most important goals and the best ways for the team to address them.
About Keeper Tax
We have a mission-driven product with a straightforward business model. We find users tax savings they would have missed, and in exchange they pay us a $168 / yr membership fee. No hidden fees, no ads, and we don't resell user data.
The team is:
- Warm. We are deliberately co-located in San Francisco - with everyone coming into the office at least 2x / week - to enable a strong collaborative culture. We have multiple concurrent book clubs, eat lunch together for an hour every day, go out to dinner together regularly, and hold ~quarterly off-sites where the whole team does a fun activity.
- Engaged. We are a passionate group that places high value on autonomy, transparency, ownership, and motivation. We spend a lot of time making sure that everyone has the tools and skills needed to complete their work in a fast and satisfying manner, because it leads to great results and is just a good way to live. Team members from every part of the company have been known to produce their own analytics reports, create designs, update code, call users, and more.
- User-focused. Everyone on the team regularly conducts user calls and shares the results with the team, and many of us are former contractors ourselves! This leads us to a shared understanding of user wants and needs that allows us to quickly design and implement changes to the product. We rigorously analyze the results of these changes to ensure we are constantly improving the user experience.
Our mobile app is React Native, our backend is Node, and our data processing platform is Python.