Full Stack Development Intern (Work from Office) at AlgoUniversity (S21)
$20K - $25K •
Building Job driven Virtual Tech University for India 🇮🇳
AlgoUniversity bridges the gap between the CS curriculum at universities and what is required by the industry.
We offer live classes, industry-relevant projects, and learning products that prepare students for software engineering jobs at top tech companies.
About the role
Skills: Django, React, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
AlgoUniversity is democratizing education, by enabling personal connection between educator and student at scale. Anyone with skills can teach and anyone with will can learn and we mould them into building life transformative experience. Currently we are building live teaching infrastructure that enables handful of top educators to coach a large number of students.
We house a young energetic team of ACM ICPC world finalists, Olympiad medalists (won a total 4 medals for India!), people with experience of managing operations in Edtech startups, and engineers from Google, Apple, etc. Our core team is alumni from IIIT Hyderabad, IIT Bombay, IIM Indore, check us out!
What are we looking for
- We’re looking for passionate engineers, period. It doesn’t matter which parts of the stack you usually work in, as long as you’re keen to learn parts of the stack you’re less familiar with and to contribute across the board.
- Currently we need candidates who can get onboard ASAP so if you have other commitments going on right now, do let us know.
- We strongly believe offline is where the real magic happens, currently we are only hiring candidates who can join us in office in Hyderabad
- If you have experience with our tech stack - Django, Golang, AWS, Docker, React, HTML, CSS that’s a bonus.
- Even though it is an internship but we are eagerly looking for people who align with our long term vision so based on your performance, we would be happy to consider you for a full time position as well.
- Cultural fit and right attitude is also extremely important to us. A great company is above all a highly functioning group of people that get along well together :)
Why work with AlgoUniversity?
- You’ll have complete ownership of your work from idea inception to design, planning and implementation.
- There are multiple products each in different stages with lots of interesting features left to implement, so the work will always be interesting!
- Opportunity to learn about design choices and scalability while developing large scale systems which will be useful for your future endeavors.
- A trip to AlgoVilla is hard to refuse!
Currently our tech stack includes Django, Docker and React. Originally our stack was deployed on GCP and currently we are in the process of migrating to AWS.
We start off with a video conversation to get to know each other, answer any questions you might have about the process, and assess an initial potential match.
That will be followed up with a simple live pair programming exercise to get a feel for how we might work together in a day-to-day setting.
Depending on how that goes, you will have a Founders Call with our CEO Manas Kumar Verma, to make you understand the long term vision of our work. If the interview goes well, candidates will receive an offer within 24-48 hours.