Software Engineer, Backend at Slash (S21)
The financial operating system for the self employed
Slash is building tools – business banking, automated bookkeeping, tax filing, expense tracking, and more – to help millions of self employed workers in the US run more profitable and organized businesses.
Still in beta, thousands of people that make a living primarily buying and selling items on StockX, Amazon FBA, Poshmark, Faire, Mercari, and other marketplaces use Slash's tools to run their companies.
Slash is backed by NEA, Stanford University, the founders of Tinder and Plaid, and other amazing angels and funds.
About the role
Our mission at Slash is to help millions of professional resellers — solo entrepreneurs who buy and sell exclusive items for a living — make more money and take back their time.
Still in beta, thousands of sellers use our capital and virtual cards to buy millions of dollars worth of profitable inventory every month. We onboarded our first customer in May of this year, and are growing 100% MoM.
It's a very unique time to join us. We proved a huge demand for what we're building (potential users badger us for access every day, and actual users are regularly offered hundreds of dollars for their access codes), and it’s early enough that you’ll have a huge impact and get a big part of the upside.
Slash is backed by top investors like NEA, Stanford University, and the founders of Tinder and Plaid.
What you’ll be doing
- Building the logic and systems that power our core financial product, guard against bad actors, and categorize customers into high and low risk — all at Internet scale under demanding latency constraints.
- Setting code-standards, shaping our engineering culture, contributing to our roadmap, and talking to customers to figure out how we can solve their problems with software.
- Designing and building scalable backend systems that can handle hundreds of thousands of requests per second with Typescript.
- Building our production monitoring, logging, metrics, and analytics stack.
- Writing libraries and frameworks to speed up internal development and complicated workflows.
- Helping us put together an amazing team of talented and mission-driven engineers.
We’re looking for someone who
- Is looking to take full ownership of their work and make an immediate impact
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Loves writing code and values deep technical knowledge as much as delivering great product experiences
- Has experience shipping high-quality software products
Bonus points for
- Familiarity with any part of our tech stack (React, NodeJS, Redis, CockroachDB)
- Experience working with an IaC such as Terraform to ship code on AWS
- Experience scaling distributed systems to handle high levels of burst traffic
Typescript, Node.js, React, CockroachDB, AWS