Principal ADAS Engineer
0.20% - 1.00%
Worsening traffic congestion and climate change is forcing us to rethink about the way we move around inside cities. Nimbus is building a transportation service that has the convenience of micromobility with the safety and comfort of cars. Our team is made up of experienced automotive, electric vehicle, and manufacturing talent.
Nimbus (www.nimbus.green) is developing self-balancing electric pod vehicles with the goal of changing how people move inside cities. We are at the intersection of electrification, micromobility, mobility as a service, and autonomy and are backed by Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, and other prominent investors.
You will be joining the early stages of an EV company challenging the status quo by defining a new vehicle type. We are tackling climate change and urban transportation problems like congestion that's not being addressed by the auto industry. We are aiming to be to the automobile what the smartphone is to the personal computer.
We are looking for an experienced robotics engineer and technical leader to lead the development of our ADASZ system. You will be the first employee working full-time on the ADAS team. You will help set the vision and strategy of both the hardware and software of our ADAS system, build out the rest of the team, and develop the system that will be installed on our first production vehicle.
You must be resourceful, enjoy being challenged, be able to deliver in a high pressure environment, excel at creative problem solving, and enjoy working in a team.
Your tasks will include:
- Roadmap and architect the ADAS system
- Help build out a talented and passionate ADAS team
- Individual contributor in software (develop algorithms, implementation, and testing)
- Work with our vehicle hardware engineering and our vehicle designers to integrate the ADAS solution with the rest of the vehicle
- BS in electrical engineering, robotics, computer engineering or equivalent
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Previous experience as a senior or lead engineer working on ADAS/AD systems
- Strong experience in system design and automotive functional safety
- Experience with developing new systems using first principles approach
- Strong ability in working independently
- Be comfortable working at a high level in helping with vision and strategy and as an individual contributor as needed
- Masters degree in electrical engineering, robotics, computer engineering or equivalent
- 5+ of experience at an automotive OEM, Tier 1, or transportation startup
- Experience working in a high-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Engineering leadership experience
- Experience in automotive industry
- Passionate about solving societal problems such as climate change and traffic safety
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Health + dental + vision + life insurance benefits
- Fitness allowance
- Unlimited PTO
- Relocation reimbursement
Why are buildings taller in cities but we use the same cars for the city and suburbs? Our tech enables us to build the "high-rise buildings" of vehicles. They take up the same footprint as motorcycles but have the cargo volume of a car.