Senior Software Engineer
Codex makes programming multiplayer.
We do this by enabling deep collaboration wherever you write code; whether’s your IDE, a text editor or even email. Codex can highlight a single code block and tell you which of your teammates understands it the best. Engineers can work together to request context and answer questions directly where you spend the most of your time.
We're a team of curious, hard-working, dedicated and talented individuals working together to build one of the most important tools in the engineering toolchain. We are looking for people that want to explore and jump out of their comfort zones to build with the very best.
Skills: Express, React, TypeScript, PostgreSQL
What’s expected of you:
- Motivated to join an early company as an early employee. Meaning, you understand how to take ownership of problems you discover as you provide solutions for our customers and teams.
- Responsible for developing and delivering high-impact, high-quality, well-tested, and scalable software
- Solve problems across all areas of the business and not be siloed into a narrow area of focus
- Own your own goals and be accountable to the work you accomplish and how it positively impacts the business
- Collaborate with the engineering and product team of both Codex and our users, allowing you to learn and solve complex problems
- Help shape our technical roadmap and share ideas for the product roadmap as we scale our services and build new products
- Maintain standards of security, performance, reliability, and code quality
- Participate in code reviews, attend regular team meetings, and apply software development best practices
- The technologies you will be working with are: Git, TypeScript, PostgresSQL, Express.js, Electron.js, React.js / Svelte, REST APIs and much more.
- Experience setting up cloud based infrastructure is a plus (AWS or Google Cloud).
- You have 4-10 years of professional software development experience
- You have a strong understanding of computer science (either from a college, university degree, or work experience)
- You have built software and can explain the nuances of delivering scalable systems
- You know how the Git workflow works and have used it to deliver code
- You have worked in agile development environments
- You’re excited by the idea of being an early hire at a venture backed startup; no we don’t mean crazy long days, we mean taking ownership and enjoying priority setting for yourself as you speak directly with customers
- You thrive in a team setting and collaborate closely with your teammates
- You're relentless is the pursuit of personal growth
What Codex will do for you:
- Work wherever you’re happiest. We're fully remote.
- We will bring together at least once a year all first hires based in Canada.
- Learn directly from the founders and collaborate closely together to get the best possible product.
- We will send you the tools you need to be the best version of yourself (swag, laptop, you name it).
- Flexible schedules and generous vacation time.
- Competitive salary and early hire equity in Codex.
- ReactJs / RecoilJs
- AWS / Google Cloud