$80k - $120k •
Turion Space was formed with the vision of building the technology required for humanity's interplanetary future. Our short-term goal is to solve the most significant threat to that vision - orbital debris. The exponential growth of spacecraft and launch vehicles entering Earth's orbits has dramatically increased the risk of collisions. Even a small number of these conjunctions will lead to the inaccessibility of the final frontier. We are developing the technology to stabilize this threat. This challenge will also serve as a test-bed for future asteroid resource extraction.
As robotics engineer, you will be responsible for developing Turion's debris capture mechanisms. We are looking for software engineers and roboticists excited about creating a powerful robotics stack that includes computer vision, motion planning, and controls.
- Write and maintain core libraries (frame transformations, targeting and guidance, etc.) that Turion will use
- Work closely with our hardware and software teams during product development, providing quick feedback that contributes to the final hardware design
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team
- BS in Robotics, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Proven understanding of data structures, algorithms, concurrency, and code optimization
- Strong C++ experience in a Linux development environment
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Demonstrated ability to personally design, build, and test hardware and/or software from scratch
- Capable of identifying and solving complex problems with little to no supervision or direction
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience programming for embedded and physical devices
- Experience with Python
- Complex frame transformation problems, such as target localization or multi degree of freedom robotic arms
Spacecraft with an on-board vision system and robot arms for docking maneuvers. Utilizing electric propulsion for moving objects around in space.