Growth Marketer at Centaur Labs (W19)
Labeling medical images at scale
About Centaur Labs
At Centaur Labs, we label data at scale to enable breakthroughs in medical AI. Our novel approach uses collective intelligence to aggregate medical opinions from experts and students all over the world. Our labeling customers include leading AI startups and prominent research organizations. We are a small, tight-knit team headquartered in Boston, and we're funded by Y Combinator, Accel, and GFC.
About the role
Centaur Labs is advancing medical AI through trusted, accurate medical data labeling. Our novel approach uses collective intelligence to aggregate opinions from experts and students all over the world, who provide these opinions on our gamified app, DiagnosUs. This expert network amasses over one million weekly labels on a wide range of medical data formats, for customers including leading AI startups and prominent research organizations. We're backed by YC, Matrix Partners, Accel, Susa Ventures, and Global Founders Capital, among others.
We're looking for a creative Growth Marketer to acquire new and engage existing users, and help us revolutionize the way medical decisions get made. The app isn't big yet, but it's growing and our users are super enthusiastic about it (4.8 stars on 500+ ratings). You will do the following:
- Manage our TikTok influencer pipeline: sourcing new influencers, signing and communicating with influencers, reviewing their work and managing payouts, updating brief as needed. Here's an example of a successful collaboration with a TikTok influencer.
- Own our social media presence on Instagram and TikTok, including sourcing and creating posts from app and user-submitted content, and manage new channels as needed
- Lead email marketing initiatives to engage new users with drip campaigns, and the existing user base with inventive newsletters and promotional messages
- Spearhead new approaches: periodically design and test creative campaigns across new channels and new audiences to boost user acquisition or engagement, like giveaways and promotions
- Be the face of the DiagnosUs brand, managing our messaging and visual presence online, and pushing the brand forward
- Work closely with the product team to understand new feature releases and create promotional materials to effectively message out to the user base
- Engage in exploratory work to understand the competitive landscape, and proactively propose solutions to improve our app marketing strategies
- Track and report out on key marketing metrics, constantly working to improve our new user retention rate, engagement rate, and installation metrics
- Actively seek and openly receive feedback for your work; give and solicit feedback and constantly strive for excellence
- 2+ years of experience in marketing for a tech product
- Experience in creating a range of creative content (social posts to animated gifs and short video content) for integrated campaigns with multiple touchpoints
- Professional experience managing social media
- Familiarity with the latest trends in influencer marketing and content design
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Opportunity oriented, self-motivated, proactive and driven
- Broad base of marketing experience: content marketing, email marketing, product, social media, brand management, influencer, lifecycle marketing experience are all a big plus
- Experience working on a consumer product, especially a mobile app
- Specific experience working with TikTok, either personally or professionally
- Graphic design or video editing experience
- Experience working in a small startup
- Interest in medicine / familiarity with medical topics
We use React.js and Swift on the frontend, and Python and Swift (Vapor) on the backend. Our data store is PostgreSQL, and we're hosted on AWS.
Centaur faces a wide variety of difficult technical problems, from efficiently serving millions of images and videos to our users, to ensuring our platform is secure and our valuable data sets remain private, to performing complex analysis on our users' performance and building machine learning models to take our decision making capabilities to the next level.