Business Intelligence Specialist
AptDeco (YC W14) is a peer-to-peer managed marketplace for buying and selling quality used furniture. We are making the exchange of home decor easy for everyone. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. We’re a fast growing NYC based startup. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the secondhand furniture industry. Moving is already stressful and we’re working everyday to ease this hassle for people.
Skills: SQL, Redshift, Data Warehousing, Data Modeling, Data Analytics, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
At AptDeco, data is at the core of everything we do and used to make informed decisions throughout the company. We’re looking for a highly motivated and data passionate Business Intelligence Specialist (part-time or contractor) to help uplift our current data platform into a robust analytics platform that our employees can utilize to drive better insights and business decisions.
The ideal person has 3-5 years of experience in archetyping, deploying, and maintaining BI interfaces, including query tools, data visualization, interactive dashboards, ad hoc reporting, and data modeling tools. This is a unique opportunity to help build the BI and data foundation and infrastructure of a growing and agile organization. This role has potential to turn into a full-time position.
- Participate in data warehouse design and set business requirements for BI tools
- Develop and deploy BI interfaces and solutions. Those include query tools, data visualization, interactive dashboards, ad hoc reporting, and data modeling tools
- Lead BI software development, deployment, and maintenance
- Build and automate data QA initiatives to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Create technical documentation for BI tools and user manuals for the organization
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a BI role
- Experience working with different databases and building out data infrastructure and reporting (Looker experience is a must)
- Experience developing custom BI products or configuring existing ones for organizations
- Strong SQL skills
- Troubleshooting skills - ability to solve complex data challenges connected with security issues, data access, permissions, updates, and maintenance of the whole data platform
- Strong communication and project management skills - ability to manage multiple projects, work with internal stakeholders to set expectations and communicate timelines of deliverables
- Start-up experience preferred
- Experience with Redshift preferred
- Experience with AWS preferred
- Experience with Segment and ETL data pipelines preferred
AptDeco (YC W14) is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling quality used furniture. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. We’re a fast growing NYC based startup. We are ambitious, engaged, and excited about disrupting the secondhand furniture industry. Moving can be stressful and we’re working everyday to ease this hassle for people across the NYC area and beyond.
AptDeco is committed to building diverse, inclusive, and equitable teams. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage individuals from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for positions.
We believe in measuring everything, taking advantage of our pioneering continuous deployment system to ship code early and often, and a blameless culture based on trust and a commitment to learning. We believe in using the best tools for the job, and programming languages are a tool at the end of the day.