SnapEDA is a platform for electronics design. Our search engine for CAD models helps over 1 million professional engineers design hardware faster, at organizations like Google, Amazon, NASA, and many more. At the same time, we're helping component suppliers scale their revenue in a digital age with our product recommendation and attribution technology.
SnapEDA (YC W16) is looking for a back-end developer to join our growing team as we pursue our mission to help engineers design electronics faster.
SnapEDA is a search engine used by over 1 million professionals to design electronics, who are creating everything from medical devices, to automotive electronics, to space technologies. We’re a team of 30 who pride ourselves on our passion, resourcefulness and curiosity. We have a bias towards action and making an impact, both individually, and as a team.
What you will be working on:
You’ll join our software team as a back-end developer, and will be responsible for implementing our updated product recommendation system, as well as improving our search engine. Additionally you’ll be responsible for our data ingestion architecture, which includes integrating and managing APIs. Most of our code is Python/Django and is running on Heroku. We have a lightweight process: 1-week sprints, weekly planning and standups. We use Slack, Trello, and Zoom to communicate and plan our work.
- At least 3 years experience with Python/Django
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- High attention to detail needed to deal with large volumes of data
- Can think at a system (architecture) level as well as an algorithms-level
- Quick learner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and desire to work with a remote, distributed team
- Opportunity to work on a hugely impactful product used by 1MM+ users with a great mission
- Competitive pay based on location and experience
- Lots of growth opportunities, including leadership development programs, lunch & learns, technical workshops, and more
- Insurance, vacation, and other benefits (Spotify, etc.)
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world
Join our Team
Python, Django, Postgres