We started as app developers who just wanted a developer-friendly API for push notifications. Finding no good solution, we built one ourselves.
Today, OneSignal is the leading solution for sending effective messages across channels including mobile push notifications, web push notifications, in-app messaging, SMS, and email. We support over 1,400,000 of the world's leading marketers and developers.
OneSignal is available on every platform and development environment, letting content creators focus on quality user engagement instead of complex implementation.
Covid-19's Impact on OneSignal
Covid-19 has accelerated OneSignal's growth. Near the beginning of Covid, we saw a 20%+ increase in new accounts created for OneSignal each day and a 20%+ increase in daily message delivery volume. This trend has continued as more businesses seek to better engage with their customers on digital channels.
We are growing faster than ever, and hiring in all departments. We hope you'll apply and we look forward to meeting you!
Skills: Figma, SQL
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale, small team, kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
OneSignal’s vision is to power the world’s messages. Our customer engagement platform enables our users to compose and send messages via mobile push, web push, in-app, SMS and email.
The company is growing quickly both in terms of revenue and employees. It’s a great time to join because we’re still early - we’ve raised a total of $35M from investors including SignalFire and Rakuten Ventures and despite our early stage, we have massive market penetration.1 million+ mobile app developers and companies use OneSignal to send push notifications.
We started as a Y Combinator-backed game developer. Our founders were frustrated with existing push notification tools, so we built our own system. It took off like wildfire. Now we help businesses send over 9 Billion push notifications every single day.
We’re seeking an experienced Product Manager to help us build the future of how apps engage their users. Today, OneSignal is already used to send billions of notifications. Your work will contribute to us expanding our already large scale while keeping an ethos of radical ease-of-use. Even a first-time web developer or marketer should see amazing results with OneSignal.
You’ll have a wide swath of ownership. You’ll work side-by-side with OneSignal’s engineering teams to define APIs, white-board product ideas, and create visual prototypes with OneSignal’s experienced design team. Throughout your work, you’ll live and breathe data -- leveraging data to validate your hypotheses and the impact of your work.
In a typical month, a Product Manager at OneSignal might:
- Own roadmap for your product area: understand and prioritize work so your team is always working on the most impactful initiatives
- Talk to customers, understand their problems, translate and evaluate these into opportunities for the business
- Work closely in a cross-functional team to explore ideas, discover the problem space and shape the solution
- Validate your hypotheses early and often, know when to prototype, to test, to find more data
- Dive deep into the technical details of our product and APIs
- Motivate a group of smart people to deliver products and experiences users love
- Identify product, organizational and process opportunities and drive these, without direction and resourcing
- Work with Product Marketing and the rest of the OneSignal organization to drive field enablement and customer adoption
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of product experience operating at scale in a tech company or fast-growing startup
- Strong design skills - familiarity with at least one common design tool (we use Figma)
- Strong technical orientation - Familiarity with coding - you don’t need to be a CS major, but you should have a strong quantitative and technical background and be able to navigate your way through the more complex technical requirements of the OneSignal platform
- Strong data analytics skills (Strong SQL skills a bonus) and the ability to formulate and structure complex analyses to answer key product questions
- Product execution - a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality products at scale
- A self starter that is resourceful and able to act autonomously; not afraid of getting your hands dirty or to be the first to tackle a new challenge
- Business sense - you can ruthlessly prioritize ways to build the company and work with our business teams to quantify the value of different features
- Strong communication (written & verbal) & collaboration skills
- Experience in following areas a plus: B2B SaaS that supports Freemium up to Enterprise level customers. Experience in cross channel customer messaging / customer engagement platforms or other marketing automation
Qualities we look for:
- Ability to collaborate well on a team
- Can deliver solutions independently
- Love of learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.
Full stack developers primarily build software using the following:
- Typescript, JS, CSS
- Ruby on Rails
Backend developers primarily build software using the following:
- Ruby on Rails
Mobile developers primarily build software using the following: