Product Designer (UI/UX) at MindFi (S21)
$70k - $90k •
Transforming Mental Health for Corporate Asia
MindFi's mission is to build positive and productive workplaces with greater mental wellbeing. Through our family of apps and services, we're helping companies to build a more mindful workplace culture for their employees around the world, gives them access to practical and relevant wellbeing tools, connects them with supportive peers or professionals, and helps employers and leaders to develop more sustainable people-centric programs and policies.
MindFi (YC S21) is a fast-growing technology startup managed by a team of technology veterans from Silicon Valley and Asia, backed by prominent VCs & angels and our products have been featured by Apple, BBC, Forbes, SCMP.
About the role
As a product designer, your mission is to deliver simple, beautiful, and effective product experiences that users love and that deepen their relationship with MindFi’s products and brand. You will work directly with colleagues in Product Management and Engineering to conceive of and realize user-centric, user-friendly experiences. We follow a bi-weekly scrum development process and use tools such as Asana, Slack, Zeplin, Figma for product development.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users
- Conduct product discovery with an intellectual curiosity and uncover insights that we can directly apply to our business priorities.
- Develop and test user needs, interaction flows, prototypes and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Prepare and solicit feedback from cross-functional team members or clients for design ideas to internal teams and key stakeholders
- With continuous product ideation and discovery, always seek better options for users with understanding business or compliance constraints
Skills & Qualifications:
- Have 3-5 years of relevant design experience at a technology-based, product-driven company
- Have a passion or active interest in mental health or wellness and good knowledge of mobile apps in this space
- Must have a design portfolio that demonstrates UI work with modern design principles for web and/ or mobile platforms.
- Great communication and presentation skills. Excellent in story-telling (you should be able to walk your audience through the problem you are solving, the user journey and the approaches you take)
- Self-motivated and takes the initiative to be part of the project. Understand that “done is better than perfect”.
- Hands-on designer who is able to create clean, high-fidelity mockups, flows, and prototypes often with ambiguous requirements
- A degree in Interactive Media, Industrial Design, Product Development / Management, or any related field, is preferred but not required
Backend: Python / Flask / Postgres / Redis.
Mobile app: Kotlin / Swift / Flutter
Web app: ReactJS / Redux
We deploy code continually and move extremely fast.
Our current stack: https://stackshare.io/mindfi/mindfi-app