Stripe for Transportation.
AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation -- fixing the payments infrastructure in the trucking industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage startup working in a huge industry with over a trillion dollars in transaction flow. Trucking is the backbone of the American economy and we have identified opportunities to replace the broken payments infrastructure & help small businesses.
We have raised over $25 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Mark Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and ESG funds such as Climate Capital, Human Capital, Leadout among others.
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, Amazon and small business credit at Square, Goldman Sachs, among others. We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
About the Role:
We are looking for a customer-centric staff level Data Scientist to join our team.
You will help solve some of AtoB's most challenging business goals, through high-profile work and inspiring thought leadership. You'll get to flex your statistical and machine learning models skills to tackle problems like risk estimation and optimization, anomaly detection, and experimentation design and analysis for new algorithm/feature/product launches. You'll work with leadership and multi-functional partners to solve broader data science problems, create data science vision, and guide the team's direction through data-driven insights and algorithmic thinking.
In this role, you will:
- Develop creative solutions and build prototypes to business problems using algorithms based on machine learning, statistics, and optimization, and work with engineering/product to productionize those algorithms and create impact in production.
- Drive clarity and solve ambiguous, challenging business problems using data-driven approaches.
- Work closely with multi-functional leads to develop technical vision and drive the team direction.
- Propose and guide the framework of data analysis to drive business insight and facilitate decisions. Establish standard methodologies for data science including modeling, coding, analytics, and experimentation.
- Provide technical mentorship for engineers and junior data scientists within and outside your team.
- Communicate with senior management and multi-functional teams.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields. Alternatively, a BS with 2 or more years of experience in relevant fields.
- Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, optimization, economics, and analytics.
- Experience in experimental design and analysis (e.g., A/B and market-level experiments), causal inference.
- Experience in algorithm development and prototyping.
- Experience in ML tooling such as Airflow, Spark, etc.
- Coding proficiency, and ability to develop statistical analysis and prototype algorithms in Python.
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, Spark.
- Preferred: Experience with productionizing algorithms for real-time systems
- Preferred: Deep understanding of Bayesian modeling
Equity : We’re offering early team equity to each role. Salary is negotiable. We prefer your location to be SF Bay Area but are remote friendly. Open to US work visa sponsorship. We can setup a multi-round interview process or start on a contract basis in the next 1-2 weeks and if we see a mutual fit, we’ll offer a full-time founding role.
Benefits : We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits along with unlimited PTO and 401 (K) match.
We’re a technology company building payments infrastructure for the transportation industry.