Obie is the fastest, easiest, and most transparent way for landlords to get insurance!
Obie is reinventing the insurance process for landlords and real estate investors. Whether you're a seasoned investor or just starting out, Obie makes requesting a quote and getting coverage simple and transparent. We’re on a mission to disrupt the single and multi-family rental property insurance sectors, and are looking for motivated and passionate individuals to join us!
Brief Summary of Role
Obie is looking for a passionate, talented Product Manager to join us as we enter a new phase of expansion. We're looking for people who are excited about what we're doing—you don't need to know anything about real estate insurance, but should be excited to learn. We're defining a new category, so you'll be able to use creativity to help us solve problems and delight our customers.
The most important characteristic for a Product Manager joining our team is your attitude. We want you to join because you don't see roadblocks, you see opportunities to be at your best. You know that somehow, you and the rest of our team can figure anything out.
What You'll Do:
- Be a product owner: Drive product vision, strategy and roadmap for projects and always bring your own POV for the entire end-to-end experience.
- You're the best listener in the room: You're never dogmatic about your views and understand how to listen to users and stakeholders.
- You get that product is a team sport: You understand how to talk to every kind of role on a product team and how to get the most out of people.
- You're mission first: You get stuff done and don't let anything get in the way of moving the product forward.
What You'll Bring:
- Proven track record of owning a product’s life cycle through multiple iterations.
- Expert knowledge of product management principles, frameworks, and product best practices.
- Expert-level ability to build out complex user flows and wireframes in tandem with product design team.
- Strong understanding of user experience and user research best practices.
- Strong communication skills. You can get people excited about any complex problem and can lead teams towards clear goals and outcomes.
- You love diving into API specs and can write user stories in your sleep.
- Nice to have: experience building out products at scale in a Saas, Payments, or Insurtech environment.
- Nice to have: basic (or better) experience with modern software development frameworks (JS, Python, etc.).
- Nice to have: you can be a pseudo-designer - Figma and Sketch are your playground.
Obie has you covered
Being in the insurance industry, we understand the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Flexible time off with an encouraged minimum time away to support a healthy work-life balance
12 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
Great health, dental and vision coverage
Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
Equipment budget - everything you need to do your best work
Group training and individual professional development support
Company off-sites to support team development (as COVID allows)
Tech stack: MySQL, NodeJS & Express, AngularJS, HTML, CSS.