$75k - $125k •
UPchieve is an edtech nonprofit that provides free, 24/7 online tutoring to low-income HS students. Using our app, students can request and get paired with a live, volunteer tutor in under 5 minutes. We’re one of only two edtech nonprofits to have ever been funded by Y Combinator. We’re also growing fast: last year we 100x’ed the number of weekly sessions happening on our platform (from 10/week to over 1,000/week)! Learn more about our mission to democratize access to academic support here.
About the organization
UPchieve is an ed-tech nonprofit (YC W21) that is working to democratize access to academic support. We provide free, online tutoring and college counseling to low-income HS students across the US. (You can learn more about our mission here.) We’re also growing fast: last year we 100x’ed the number of weekly sessions happening on our platform (from 10/week to over 1,000/week)!
About the role
UPchieve is looking for our first-ever Product Manager to help us level up our product development. As the first product hire, you’ll report to and work closely with UPchieve’s Executive Director to create and maintain UPchieve’s product roadmap. You’ll regularly speak with our users (students and volunteers) and other stakeholders (like school and corporate partners) to understand their needs. You’ll also work with our designer and our 4-person engineering team to ensure we are always working on the most important thing in the most efficient way possible.
About the team
You’ll be joining a diverse group of people passionate about using technology for social justice. “Diverse” isn’t a buzz-word for us, it’s a core value. We are female-founded, and ⅔ of our team are people of color. We were originally based in Brooklyn, NY, but at the onset of COVID became a remote-first organization and are working really well that way! We now have team members in New York, Denver, and the Bay Area.
This might be the right job for you if…
- You’re super excited by the idea of working at an early stage edtech nonprofit (one of only two edtech nonprofits to have ever been backed by Y Combinator!)
- You feel a strong connection with and/or care deeply about our primary users (low-income high school students)
- You’re up for the challenge of building a platform on par with other successful consumer-facing educational platforms like Khan Academy and Duolingo
- You’re willing and capable of being a one-person product team—taking on any and all product-related tasks until we’re able to grow the team
- You want to work closely with UPchieve’s leadership and grow into a Head of Product role in the next few years
What you’ll do
- Gain a deep understanding of our users (low-income high school students, volunteers) and other stakeholders (schools/nonprofits, teachers, parents, funders, and corporate partners)
- Define and prioritize features together with UPchieve’s founder, and maintain a public product roadmap which open source developers can contribute to
- Manage biweekly sprints, including sprint planning, story writing, requirement workshops, etc.
- Coordinate internal product ideation meetings and facilitate communication between business, design, and engineering
- Refine and scale product-related processes (e.g., tracking of bugs and customer feedback)
- Run experiments and analyze data to determine the effectiveness of platform changes
We’re looking for someone who...
- Has 3+ years of product management experience for a consumer tech startup
- Is highly organized and methodical when it comes to documentation, exploring edge cases, and planning sprints
- Can run SQL queries and utilize data to make decisions with minimal support
- Is a strong communicator capable of facilitating discussions and gathering consensus
- (Bonus) Prior experience with any of the following: tutoring, software development, product design, user research
- (Bonus) Demonstrated interest in education and/or social justice work
A note on salary
We strongly believe that nonprofit professionals deserve to be paid the same as their for-profit peers, and our eventual goal is to pay a competitive market rate for all roles. In 2021, given our small size and impact to-date, we are paying most employees between 90-100% of their market rate, but no one on our team makes more than $100K (including the CEO and CTO). We can pay up to $125K for this role if necessary, and we plan to gradually raise the salary cap on all roles as we prove our ability to scale and positively impact the lives of low-income students across the country. If taking a pay cut isn’t an option for you currently, we would still love to meet you in case something changes in the future!
Right now we can only hire people eligible for employment in the United States, who reside in one of the 50 states. We can't sponsor visas or hire US citizens who live outside the US.
How to apply
Please ONLY apply through this page: https://upchieve.welcomekit.co/
Our tech stack:
- Node.js and TypeScript
- Azure Cloud and Kubernetes
Our most fun technical challenge we're solving is how to efficiently manage the "marketplace" of students and volunteer coaches and how to most efficiently pair them.