Welcome is a virtual events platform specifically for high end, branded events. Using Welcome, a single person can create an experience that feels like an Apple Product Launch. If you think of virtual platforms (Zoom, Hopin, Google Meet) as real estate, we've created the first 5 star hotel in virtual real estate.
Welcome is a virtual event platform for high-end, branded events. Using Welcome, a single person can create a jaw-dropping experience that feels like an Apple product launch. We've built the first five-star virtual event venue and have the product and services to match. Our flagship product allows our customers to create an event that feels like an interactive TV show. There is nothing else like it.
We’re well-funded by top VCs. Within three months of a soft launch we’ve already signed a Fortune 500 company and the world‘s largest investment fund. Over the next few years, we project that we will be the number one player in the space with massive market share, resulting in huge revenue and valuation.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right person to have a massive impact on Welcome’s business. We are growing insanely fast and looking for a strong SDET to join our world-class team, match the tsunami of demand we are already experiencing, and help us grow even faster.
You want your work to have significant and measurable positive impact. You love bringing people together. Your happiness comes from the joy of others, and you look forward to building stand-out moments of delight into the Welcome experience. You are a keen problem solver and team player. You take pride in the craftsmanship of your work, and appreciate when it is rewarded; our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not okay with broken features. The quality engineering role at Welcome encompasses gives you a chance to build our quality processes and tools from the ground up.
A day in the life of an SDET at Welcome includes:
- Building and owning processes, tools and infrastructure for automated testing.
- Creating best practices for quality assurance from the ground up.
- Working closely with product and software engineers to fully acceptance test new features and enhancements.
- Reporting, tracking and helping decide priorities for enhancements and bugs.
- Creating automated testing and establish necessary infrastructure to run tests with minimal intervention.
- Actively support and troubleshoot escalated issues from customers.
The next great SDET at Welcome will have:
- 3+ years of software quality assurance experience with focus on automated testing.
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance concepts with an emphasis on automation.
- Hands-on experience with API, functional, compatibility, smoke/acceptance testing, ad-hoc/exploratory, database, regression, staging and multi-platform testing.
- Experience with issue tracking and test management tools.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- -Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bonus points if you have:
- Ruby/Python/BASH scripting experience
- Experience testing WebRTC or other audio/video technologies
- Track record of being a top performer in current and past roles
- Experience with AWS, Heroku or similar cloud based infrastructure
Our Investments in You:
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- Wellness/fitness & internet reimbursements
- Top of the line 13-inch Macbook Pro
- $1,000 home office and video conferencing budget (not including laptop) to create an accessible, productive, and comfortable work environment
- Opportunity to work with tech’s best talent; An incredible team with a great blend of hustle, productivity and a ton of fun!
- Opportunities to attend the most high-end virtual events in the world
We are composed of a diverse group of entrepreneurs, dreamers and builders who believe that exceptional, high-quality experiences can seamlessly bring people together, invite collaboration, and provide a meaningful sense of belonging. If you align to these principles and have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.
Welcome embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Welcome supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
We use React + Rails + Postgres + Redis. We are a real time video platform, so there are a lot of interesting things to work on, such as:
- How do you easily test the two dimensional matrix of devices, operating systems, cameras and microphones to make sure anyone can access the platform?
- How do you scale live video to millions of users at the same time?