Senior Software Engineer, Modeling and Processing - Remote
CaptivateIQ is a software as a service that helps you set, optimize, calculate, and payout sales commissions for your sales people. Over 80% of businesses use spreadsheets to calculate commissions, leading them to compensate teams inaccurately, late, and without proper reporting. We are helping companies reduce costly payout errors and providing access to the most innovative compensation strategies.
The team started working together in November 2017, launched in February 2018, and today have customers including Gusto, Heap Analytics, Iterable, and many more. Our team led commissions at successful companies, including Gusto and BrightRoll and worked at leading companies including Amazon, OpenTable, McKinsey & Company and Carrick Capital. CaptivateIQ is backed by Y-Combinator, Foundation Capital, s28 Capital, and notable enterprise Angels.
At CaptivateIQ, we align companies and teams together through the power of incentives. We reward hard work, and those rewards are not dependent on antiquated software or manual processes. That’s why we’ve created a scalable, flexible no-code solution enabling revenue operation teams to model, automate, and optimize performance incentives thus transforming the world of incentive compensation.
We believe that our employees deserve transparency in their success and that they, just like commission plans, should not be forced to fit into molds or templates. Our growing team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, creating an open and inclusive organization. In 2020, CaptivateIQ grew our team by 275% -- from 20 to 75 employees -- and increased our female workforce as a share of our total company by 350%.
Behind every great software company is the team building it. We are an engineering team of multicultural, highly collaborative, fully distributed, humble learners. We pride ourselves on building best-in-class products powered by innovative technologies.
- Design, build, and maintain CaptivateIQ's commission plan modeling and processing functionality
- Participate in the product development process from start to finish, from scoping projects to measuring their success and iterating based on feedback
- Maintain high engineering and security standards, and continuously improve our codebases and processes
- Work with engineers across the company to develop and iterate at scale
- 6+ years experience in a software engineering role
- Experience building and scaling web applications and data-intensive applications
- Proficiency in Python and Django
- Understanding of web technologies and frameworks
- Experience with a relational database such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in taking responsibility and ownership over core product areas
- Organized and a driven self-starter with a growth mindset
- Sharp attention to detail, and a user-centric focus
- Experience working with React, Jest, and Typescript
- Good understanding of web best practices and performance optimization techniques
- Experience optimizing and scaling application and database performance
- Familiarity with AWS
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent.
Python/Django, postgresSQL, heroku, and AWS