Senior Product Manager - Remote
CaptivateIQ is a software as a service that helps you set, optimize, calculate, and payout sales commissions for your sales people. Over 80% of businesses use spreadsheets to calculate commissions, leading them to compensate teams inaccurately, late, and without proper reporting. We are helping companies reduce costly payout errors and providing access to the most innovative compensation strategies.
The team started working together in November 2017, launched in February 2018, and today have customers including Gusto, Heap Analytics, Iterable, and many more. Our team led commissions at successful companies, including Gusto and BrightRoll and worked at leading companies including Amazon, OpenTable, McKinsey & Company and Carrick Capital. CaptivateIQ is backed by Y-Combinator, Foundation Capital, s28 Capital, and notable enterprise Angels.
At CaptivateIQ, we align companies and teams together through the power of incentives. We reward hard work, and those rewards are not dependent on antiquated software or manual processes. That’s why we’ve created a scalable, flexible no-code solution enabling revenue operation teams to model, automate, and optimize performance incentives thus transforming the world of incentive compensation.
We believe that our employees deserve transparency in their success and that they, just like commission plans, should not be forced to fit into molds or templates. Our growing team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, creating an open and inclusive organization. In 2020, CaptivateIQ grew our team by 275% -- from 20 to 75 employees -- and increased our female workforce as a share of our total company by 350%.
The Product Management team is responsible for understanding our customers' most important priorities/issues, distilling them into opportunities that our platform can solve, and designing solutions that dramatically improve our users’ lives. As a Product Manager at CaptivateIQ, you will help shape the product vision and roadmap, define product requirements, oversee the execution of both large and small initiatives.
- You'll approach product development methodically and embrace an agile mindset
- You'll love collaborating with engineering, design, sales/marketing, and customer experience teams
- You'll be driven by the opportunity to significantly improve our customers' lives
- You have experience and enjoy leading the development of complex, technical software products from start to release
- You'll have a whatever-it-takes mentality to ensure your product and team are successful, whether that means performing QA tests yourself or jumping on a call with a customer to better understand an issue
- You'll turn disparate, conflicting, and often ambiguous pieces of data/feedback into solid action plans
- You'll obsess about the continuous improvement of the platform by analyzing product usage, talking to customers, and deploying small and large releases on existing and new features.
- 3+ years of product management experience at fast growing, product led companies with at least 2 years in a B2B SaaS company serving growth/enterprise stage businesses
- Experience working with and building complex products and systems
- Experience leading substantial product releases from 0 to 1
- Strong technical acumen demonstrated through previous work experiences in engineering or analytical roles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to articulate customer needs and to distill into opportunities/requirements for product, design, and engineering teams.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent.
This role can be in San Francisco or Remote anywhere in North America.
Python/Django, postgresSQL, heroku, and AWS