Senior Product Designer - Remote
CaptivateIQ is a software as a service that helps you set, optimize, calculate, and payout sales commissions for your sales people. Over 80% of businesses use spreadsheets to calculate commissions, leading them to compensate teams inaccurately, late, and without proper reporting. We are helping companies reduce costly payout errors and providing access to the most innovative compensation strategies.
The team started working together in November 2017, launched in February 2018, and today have customers including Gusto, Heap Analytics, Iterable, and many more. Our team led commissions at successful companies, including Gusto and BrightRoll and worked at leading companies including Amazon, OpenTable, McKinsey & Company and Carrick Capital. CaptivateIQ is backed by Y-Combinator, Foundation Capital, s28 Capital, and notable enterprise Angels.
At CaptivateIQ, we align companies and teams together through the power of incentives. We reward hard work, and those rewards are not dependent on antiquated software or manual processes. That’s why we’ve created a scalable, flexible no-code solution enabling revenue operation teams to model, automate, and optimize performance incentives thus transforming the world of incentive compensation.
We believe that our employees deserve transparency in their success and that they, just like commission plans, should not be forced to fit into molds or templates. Our growing team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, creating an open and inclusive organization. In 2020, CaptivateIQ grew our team by 275% -- from 20 to 75 employees -- and increased our female workforce as a share of our total company by 350%.
At CaptivateIQ, Product Design is a highly collaborative effort between Product, Engineering, as well as customer-facing teams. At this stage of growth, we are looking for a “T-shaped” designer - strong generalists with a wide breadth of skills, but excels in a discipline (particularly in analytics and data visualization). We are looking for someone who is collaborative, curious, and asks the right questions to get a clear understanding of the problem we are solving for.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team to clearly understand user needs to design thoughtful and engaging solutions
- Work closely with PMs, engineers, and customer-facing teams in an iterative, transparent, and feedback-driven process
- Think holistically about complex systems, empathize with users, and understand business goals to create compelling and effective user experiences
- Translate product goals into wireframes and then polished visual mocks with attention to interaction design and following style and brand guidelines
- Be an advocate for product quality
- 5+ years designing and shipping products with high complexity (system or enterprise tools preferably)
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design with a focus on interaction and UX
- A fearlessness for diving into complex systems-design problems
- Strong communication skills that drive effective decision making to a cross-functional team
- Ability to clearly explain design processes and when/what/how/why they should be used
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent.
This role can be in San Francisco or Remote anywhere in North America.
Python/Django, postgresSQL, heroku, and AWS