Associate, Solutions Engineer - Remote
CaptivateIQ is a software as a service that helps you set, optimize, calculate, and payout sales commissions for your sales people. Over 80% of businesses use spreadsheets to calculate commissions, leading them to compensate teams inaccurately, late, and without proper reporting. We are helping companies reduce costly payout errors and providing access to the most innovative compensation strategies.
The team started working together in November 2017, launched in February 2018, and today have customers including Gusto, Heap Analytics, Iterable, and many more. Our team led commissions at successful companies, including Gusto and BrightRoll and worked at leading companies including Amazon, OpenTable, McKinsey & Company and Carrick Capital. CaptivateIQ is backed by Y-Combinator, Foundation Capital, s28 Capital, and notable enterprise Angels.
At CaptivateIQ, we align companies and teams together through the power of incentives. We reward hard work, and those rewards are not dependent on antiquated software or manual processes. That’s why we’ve created a scalable, flexible no-code solution enabling revenue operation teams to model, automate, and optimize performance incentives thus transforming the world of incentive compensation.
We believe that our employees deserve transparency in their success and that they, just like commission plans, should not be forced to fit into molds or templates. Our growing team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, creating an open and inclusive organization. In 2020, CaptivateIQ grew our team by 275% -- from 20 to 75 employees -- and increased our female workforce as a share of our total company by 350%.
CaptivateIq is looking for a charismatic and talented sales engineer to join our growing sales organization to help bring the CaptivateIQ platform to market with our growth customers.
- Engaging with targeted prospects to identify broken processes and explaining CaptivateIQ’s unique ability to solve them
- Navigate prospect’s complex commission environments as the customer-facing product expert in sales calls
- Configure engaging tailored demos based on customers’ unique needs based on the nuances of their commission plans and data structures
- Identify opportunities for the platform’s next features and collaborate with Product/Engineering to develop these features
- 2+ years of work experience configuring and selling software preferably in technology/SaaS
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Experience with building Excel models or a programming language (e.g., SQL, Python)
- Ability to translate complex customer requirements and develop optimal configuration
- Customer-focused and service-oriented
- Strong presentation and communication skills in person, via email, and on the phone
- Skilled at problem-solving, navigating challenging situations, and guiding clients through decision-making processes
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced startup environment
- Past experience in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Aptitude in working cross-functionally with product, support, marketing, and other functions
- Strong team player that finds it easy to collaborate with team members to drive a great team culture and achieve goals
- Past experience in any of the following capacities: implementation, sales engineer, solutions architect, customer success, technology consulting, business analysis, accounting, FP&A
- Proficiency with popular CRMs (e.g. Salesforce), ERPs (e.g. Netsuite), and/or billing systems (e.g. Zuora)
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent.
Python/Django, postgresSQL, heroku, and AWS