At AgileMD, we are building the most advanced real-time predictive analytics and clinical algorithms platform for hospitals. Our cloud-based engine supports and empowers the medical decisions of thousands of physicians across hospitals and clinics around the country, so that every patient receives the highest quality and value of care based on the latest medical knowledge and data.
AgileMD is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
At AgileMD, we are building the most advanced real-time predictive analytics and clinical algorithms platform for hospitals. Our cloud-based engine helps thousands of doctors and nurses around the country make medical decisions, so that every patient receives the highest quality and value of care based on the latest medical knowledge and data. We make a meaningful, measurable impact on patient outcomes every day.
AgileMD is a uniquely challenging product. It has a powerful interface that communicates with the complex underbelly of hospital systems and provides a clean, robust platform that our modern tools are built on. These tools ingest, transform, and analyze large amounts of patient data in real time and make complex risk assessments and predictions within a matter of milliseconds of new data being made available. Finally, this data is presented to care providers via our integrations directly within their existing medical record systems and workflows. All of this is done across a distributed infrastructure that must provide high availability and adhere to the strictest security standards.
We’re looking for engineers who are excited by these challenges, who design well-thought out, highly-maintainable, well-tested code bases and know how to build one in a team-based setting. You’ll be joining a lean engineering team and stepping into a role with high expectations, broad flexibility and responsibility, and comprehensive support to help you succeed. Our product road map is full of opportunities to solve hard problems that truly touch and change the course of patient lives. We need a perpetual learner with an appetite for challenges to join our team.
- Design, build, and maintain core APIs, data models, and business logic.
- Debug production issues across multiple services and levels of the stack.
- Take ownership and responsibility for building, shipping and maintaining core features, end to end.
- Design and architect complex systems, focusing on performance, scalability, flexibility and security.
- Work closely with our Product, QA, and engineering teams to deliver well-thought out and stable solutions to our customers most important needs.
- Build well-tested code that is easy to extend and hard to break.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
Who you are
- You are an experienced software engineer who cares deeply about code quality, maintainability and the end product.
- You have a deep knowledge of web technologies and large scale web application architecture
- You have a strong background in computer science (4+ years of experience)
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things more thoroughly.
- You’re excited about the problems we’re solving.
- You have deep knowledge and experience with Node.js, SQL, HTTP, modern web standards and best security practices
- Work with a team that you can rely on, that constantly challenges you and that gives the tools to succeed and the responsibility to prove that you can.
- $90,000 - $160,000, 0.2% - 0.5% equity (depending on experience and existing skills)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Paid time off (6 holidays plus as much vacation as you need; most people take three or four weeks per year)
- Maternity/paternity leave (10 weeks at 100% salary, 10 weeks at 50% salary)
- $500 per quarter for self-directed personal development (books, conference tickets, etc.)
Linux (primarily CentOS and Ubuntu) Node (using ExpressJS and PM2) React Postgres (Aurora), MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, DynamoDB Nginx and AWS ELB Additional AWS tools including EC2, RDS/Aurora, Lambda, CloudWatch, S3/CloudFront, and more.