Strive is an online coding school for kids (8-16). We help students start and commit to their coding journeys by making coding fun and exciting. We focus, above all else, on making the process of learning joyful.
- We’re starting with coding, but we’re building the content and platform to redefine STEM education globally by teaching math, science, and other school subjects through coding.
- We believe we can only make education joyful if we ourselves are joyful, so creating a fun and exciting work environment is one of our core values. We’re a remote-first company with teachers and employees from South Africa, Singapore, India, the USA, and the Philippines.
- We’re a well-funded startup backed by YCombinator and early investors of Spotify and Facebook.
Watch this video to see the founders talk about Strive Math
📄 Fill in this form to apply (will take 2 minutes to complete)
Role | Teaching kids coding online
Many kids find coding boring, many more are afraid, and even more think they are not “smart enough” to learn it. These kids will be left behind in an increasingly tech-driven world.
You will have the opportunity to transform kids’ lives by fundamentally reframing their confidence and perception of coding. You’ll give these kids 1 -2 joyful hours a week, where they will learn not only that they are smart enough to learn to code but that the process itself is incredibly fun.
Some more details
- Teach kids ages 8-16 how to code in Python/Scratch over Zoom.
- We provide you with all lesson material beforehand, which means minimal prep time.
- As a teacher, your role will be to guide the students to write the code for the full project, in a way that they can proudly say “I did this myself” or “we did this together”. This will require a lot of patience, empathy, and the skill of coaching. You’ll be problem-solving and learning together along the way, and often our teachers learn a lot from their students.
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply.
- You are fluent in any coding language.
- You have a lot of patience and a passion for working with kids.
- Have a strong and reliable internet connection.
- You know how to code in Python
- You’ve taught coding before
- You own an iPad/tablet
Why you should apply
🌍 Work from anywhere in the world .
🧠 Deepen your coding skills, you’ll master programming concepts by teaching them
👨🏫 Teaching is one of the most rewarding jobs out there, you’ll feel amazing empowering students and putting a smile on their faces
- This is a full-time role that typically involves 40 hours of work per week
- Availability on weekends is a must
- Must be available during Singapore timezone afternoons/evenings during the week, and all day on weekends
- Location: All classes are online
- Competitive pay for your region
Fill in this form to apply (will take 2 minutes to complete)
- Initial application form (2 minutes)
- Short teaching demo (5-15 minutes)
- Interview (30 minutes)
- Accepted into paid training* (1-4 hours)
- 👨🏫 Hired and teaching your first student
*Get paid S$50 training fee for attending and passing the training (paid after teaching 10 hours of Strive classes post-training)
It is mandatory to fill out the above application form, and only those applications will be considered