UX Designer (Part or Full Time)
Cyber protection is complex. Making sure you’re secured and covered takes time, patience and a lot of financial resources. But it doesn’t have to. Why can’t there be streamlined, easy-to-use tools, clear and understandable coverage, and a price-tag that doesn’t break the bank. Now there is. Paladin Cyber: Cyber Protection Made Easy. Paladin aims to use our unparalleled industry knowledge to build comprehensive, easy to use cyber security tools, top-down cyber security education and training, complete cyber security insurance coverage and remediation, and help small-businesses remain secure.
We know that running a business has a lot of challenges. Making sure you’re secure shouldn’t be one of them.
We make cyber protection easy, obtainable and affordable for small businesses. Simply put, we stop business from being hacked and keep them financially secure if they are.
Learn more at www.meetpaladin.com
Monetary loss from cybercrime has just crossed $1 trillion this year. It's no surprise as most companies are underprepared against common attacks like ransomware, phishing, and fraud.
Paladin Cyber (YC S17) is building a holistic cyber risk solution. We make cybersecurity accessible through low-friction protections powered by AI, proprietary data, and delightful user experiences.
We're backed by Eniac Ventures, Fika Ventures, Lightbank, Y Combinator, Cyber Mentor Fund, and other leading investors.
About the role
As a UX Designer, you will play a key role in Paladin's product development process to build low-friction user experiences that scale. You'll be working with a cross-functional team and help take products from ideation to scale. Your work will directly empower companies to effectively protect themselves against ransomware, fraud, and other rampant cyber attacks.
We’re looking for a multi-faceted UX designer who loves working through complex user problems and delivering high-quality interaction design. Someone who has an eye for creating elegant solutions that delight the end-user.
- Collaborate with product managers to conceptualize, build, and refine user journeys across our broad platform of cybersecurity tools
- Translate business requirements and user research/feedback into thoughtful, engaging, well-designed experiences
- Effectively communicate ideas and design decisions to stakeholders and document appropriately for cross-functional partners
- Create wireframes and prototypes to articulate your ideas, bring them to life, and establish structure and flow in preparation for Visual Design
- 3-7+ years of User Experience Design experience, preferably in B2B SaaS
- Bonus points for deep activation and onboarding experience
- Online portfolio demonstrating experience producing sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, task-flows or relevant design artifacts
- A detail-oriented problem solver. You’re a creative team player with a structured approach to tackling complex problems. Your attention to detail is your strong suit.
- A self-starter. You can take ownership of key projects working either as an individual contributor or with a cross-functional team.
- A strong communicator. You have excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills. You’re able to present your strategic thinking while thoughtfully adapting to new information.
- A growth mindset. You’re hard working and hungry to make an impact.
We use React + Redux on our web clients with Firebase auth + database for the majority of our user data. We also run a fleet of network proxy servers on Azure across the country.