Customer Success Engineer
We are a fast-growing Bay Area-based startup backed by leading investors like Accel and Y-Combinator. In the past year we grew revenue ~10x and continue to build torridly.
Our core product offering helps automate lending operations for financial services firms across the lending value chain. The Prodigal team has deep technical talent today and we believe there is an opportunity to build an iconic vertical software business that will fundamentally impact how the multi-trillion-dollar debt industry is managed. Debt has such a massive impact on consumers and prior to Prodigal, the industry was saddled with painful, low value manual workflows, and poor customer experience- our mission is to humanize the debt repayment process through automation and data.
What does the role entail?
Customer Success Engineer (CSE) serve as frontline technical resources for Prodigal's customers and partners via phone, email or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
- As a Customer Success Engineer you will research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- You will be responsible for working with different internal code bases, systems & platforms and follow standard procedures to escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal points of contact.
- Scope a customer’s issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations
- Willing to work during the US shift. 6PM to 4AM IST
- Understanding of Unix/Linux environment
- Good in problem analysis, troubleshooting, requirement analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency
- High level of enthusiasm about helping and serving clients, strongly customer and solution oriented personality
- Handle details accurately and in a timely manner
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
Good to have
- Proven working experience in enterprise technical support, IT support or as a technical engineer
- Good understanding of Web Services, API and IP based protocols
Interesting problems we're solving
- Creating an intuitive UI for a speech analytics product. Traditional speech analytics products have very poor usability and are hard to implement for a business.
- Return search results on the call corpus for queries such as "Which calls had a payment dispute?"