Advanced Services and Solutions Lead
$125k - $205k • 0.20% - 0.40%
Swayable measures how effectively media content changes minds. Our clients are dramatically increasing the impact of the stories they tell on the world's most important issues.
We are passionate about the power of data to have a positive social impact on advocacy and commerce and are serious about using it responsibly and ethically. We work with organizations and people we care about and our job is to help make them successful.
Swayable is a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from anyone who shares our values and especially encourage women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Swayable is a fast-growing, cloud media analytics product company that measures public opinion and the impact of messages and advertising content on it. It is a seed-stage startup backed by top technology and social impact investors, including Y Combinator. Founded in 2017 by two physics PhDs, it is led by the former Executive Director for Digital Strategy at the New York Times. Clients include major consumer-facing brands, researchers and mission-aligned advocacy campaigns, including five Democratic Presidential candidates.
This is a uniquely cool opportunity for a strong performer with at least 3 years of experience at a leading management consultancy, credibility with marketing / advertising / creative people, and a passion for social impact. It will level up quickly to include direct P&L management, opportunities for external thought leadership and progressive growth in responsibilities.
The Advanced Services and Solutions Lead's primary responsibility will be to work with the CEO and Client Success team to establish Swayable’s "solutions" business line. At first, these projects will be similar to consulting engagements, except the data and insights come primarily from the Swayable platform, and the work done on one project will apply directly to subsequent projects in a scalable way. As the volume grows, the job will increasingly be about apprenticing, managing and scaling up a team to deliver similar work - developing the systems, templates, processes, culture and hiring plans to do this.
In addition to managing the delivery of client insights projects, the Advanced Services and Solutions Lead will be an active participant in Swayable’s digital product development, identifying improvements, new features and potentially, entirely new products that add value to the insights delivery work. In many cases, Solutions projects will function effectively as prototypes for new offerings.
As the team scales, the focus and scope of responsibilities will grow. Pathways on the table include general management, product leadership, and C-level roles.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience acting as project lead/manager at a top management consulting firm required
- Experience with marketing, advertising and/or public communications desired
- Experience and deep comfort with innovative analytic problem-solving requiring serious data analysis required
- Great at structuring problems, leading work plans, and managing people directly and indirectly
- Low drama, good vibes, passionate about social impact
- Intellectually curious with humility
- Interested in data, AI, content, media analytics and startup innovation
- Comfortable working at very senior levels while equally happy rolling sleeves up to do whatever needs to be done even when it isn’t glamorous
- Known for communicating complex ideas simply, focusing laser-like on “so whats”, and adding clarity and clear prioritization to steer team problem-solving
- Exceptional ability to manage cross-functional work, make everyone feel heard, lead by example
- Known for inspiring client confidence in solving analytic and technical problems. Actively sought-out by team members and clients for good judgement and pro-active problem-solving abilities
- Comfortable with ambiguity and creating and communicating especially in presentation form
- Interested in the product discovery and building process. Some familiarity with design thinking and lean startup principles is a plus
- Ambitious about helping create a billion-dollar data platform company
- Graduate degree strongly preferred. PhD is a valued bonus but not essential
• Full-time, salaried position with bonuses • Attractive, fast-growing stock options consistent with being an early team member • 100% healthcare coverage with no employee contribution required • Generous leave and PTO policies • Flexible "work from anywhere" location policy, with in-person hubs in New York, San Francisco, DC and Los Angeles • Salary commensurate with experience and the stage of our firm, with major upside for outsized success
If this sounds like you, please apply here or drop us a line here with your CV and a brief note explaining why you’re interested and think you’d be a good fit. Candidates from minority and under-represented backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
We value people with passion and integrity and encourage folks to apply even if their experience isn’t a full match with the description above. Your skills and passion will stand out especially if your career has taken some distinctive or creative turns. Swayable welcomes diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. We look forward to hearing from you.
Our web apps are Vue.js and Node.js. We use MongoDB for our database. Calculations happen in a Python/Celery app and use numpy, scipy, and pandas. We host on Heroku.