Senior Software Engineer
At Prequel, we're making it easy for startups to stand up their modern data stack. We think data and analytics is working for the biggest companies, but not for startups -- yet. We're building a way for our users to work with their data easily, predictably, and delightfully, and we want you to build it with us.
Skills: Go, React, TypeScript, PostgreSQL
👋 Join us at Prequel
At Prequel, we're making it easy for startups to work with their data, so they can understand their business and make better decisions. We’re building a way for our users to centralize their data, transform it, and analyze it in a way that’s easy and delightful. To do so, we're solving a handful of hard technical problems up and down the stack: building reliable infrastructure that spans the data lifecycle, making data pipelines manageable without domain expertise, and creating a UX that abstracts out the underlying complexity to let the user focus on the analysis. We want you to build this with us.
We’re a team of builders, and we’ve previously honed our skills at places like Google, Walmart Labs, Harvard Business School, and more. We're backed by world-class investors like Y Combinator. We're building a passionate and fun team who learns from each other every day, and the best is yet to come.
The qualifications listed below are an imperfect proxy for fit. Our north star is to optimize for a talented and diverse team, and the best way for us to assess that is to meet you. Please get in touch!
⚡️ What you'll be working on:
- Building brand new products
- Owning key architecture and design decisions
- Developing our best practices around code contributions, testing, and deployment
- Developing and growing our stellar engineering team
🛠 Skills & experience we’d love for you to have:
- You have 5+ years experience building software at scale
- You have experience building highly performant backends in a modern language (e.g. GoLang, C++, Java, Python)
- You’re not scared of wrestling with cloud infra
- You have an opinion on what a robust DevOps pipeline & process should look like
- You have experience with and enjoy mentoring other engineers
🎈 Bonus points if:
- You thrive when things are moving fast
- You’re excited about data (it's okay, we are too!)
- Competitive salary and equity upside
- Working with a cutting edge stack (GoLang, React, Typescript)
- Full healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision), modern parental leave policies, and 401(k)
- Perks including City Bike membership & stipend for gym membership or art classes
🚀 Ready to join?
Prequel is built on a modern tech stack. We primarily write code in Go and Typescript (React), and given the nature of our product, spend quite a bit of time in SQL as well. If any of this is unfamiliar to you, we're not worried about ramping you up.