Vice President of Engineering
Caper builds intelligent shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to detect and identify items (with cameras mounted in the cart) as they are added to the basket. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure, and it is a plug-and-play integration for stores. Caper is the fastest growing retail automation technology company, with already launched pilots and a rapidly expanding customer base. E-commerce is only 8% of total retail, and Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped potential.
Caper is currently backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart.
We’re a team of incredibly motivated individuals looking to put a dent in the retail industry. We are looking for a founding employee who will add to our talented technical team. You’ll be directly working under the CTO and the opportunity offers plenty of room for rapid internal growth.
Please Apply Using Link: https://recruiterflow.com/caper/jobs/135
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team.
- Excited to revolutionize the retail industry
- Hard-working and care about self-growth
- Highly organized and work well under stress
- Able to effectively communicate with peers and tailor your communication to your audience
- Empathetic of others and able to inspire the team
- 8+ years of professional experience in software development and 5+ years in engineering leadership
- Strong experience building enterprise software and dealing with enterprise clients
- Broad engineering knowledge with an emphasis on automation, mobile development, microservices architecture, large data systems, and site reliability
- Managed 20+ engineers, and scaled the engineering team to over 100+
- Excellent communication, management, and leadership skills with an ability to run, expand, and retain the team
- Extensive experience in agile development, scrum workflow, and a sense for product and project management
- Delivered results in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment, and shipped high-availability, mission-critical systems on time
- Preferred, but not a must: Strong machine learning and deep learning experience
You're ready to:
- Closely engage with the product, sales and marketing, and hardware teams on strategy to meet business goals
- Manage incidents on a large scale
- Work with the executive team on roadmap planning and delivery schedules
- Engage with HR team to plan out personal budget and headcount
- Instill a culture of urgency while not sacrificing code confidence and product quality
- Manage, recruit, and retain amazing talent
- Coach, grow, and run the daily operations of the engineering team
- Above market salary and equity
- Excellent medical insurance
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited PTO
Harder + Software + Database Integration + ML + CV
Java, React.js, Ruby on Rails, Microservices