Sales Development Representative
Prelay is enhancing the way teams work together to drive revenue and creating an all-new category of software in the process. Most revenue teams have difficulty getting the right team members and internal stakeholders involved in a deal at the right time which creates a waste of resources and lost revenue. Our team selling software enables sales teams and their internal stakeholders to work together effectively so they can drive more revenue faster as a team. Leaders alike gather value from Prelay through the robust process & team insights the platform generates.
We're backed by investors including top-tier funds like Y Combinator, SV Angel, and Liquid2 Ventures, as well as executives from Box, Dropbox, Palantir, SAP, and Microsoft. Our team is made up of passionate, motivated, curious individuals coming from innovative companies like Google, LinkedIn, Outreach, Nextdoor and Heap.
We're looking for our first full-time SDR hire. This is a rare opportunity to help define core GTM principles, driver excellent execution and grow a company from its early stages. You’ll be reporting to the CEO.
What you’ll do
- Execute and test an outbound business development plan to generate new business opportunities and conduct high level conversations with key stakeholders.
- Provide the best possible customer experience to all leads expressing interest in Prelay via multiple channels including phone, email and live chat.
- Conduct account & opportunity development best practices with email, phone, and social touches using sales technology.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to continuously improve demand generation processes and best practice.
- Recommend process enhancements for more targeted demand generation efforts and improved selling techniques.
- Represent the Prelay brand with integrity and teamwork in all written and oral communication.
As an early Sales Development Representative hire, we’re looking for people who are eager to exceed these expectations:
- 1-2 years of general sales experience
- Experience at a SaaS provider
- Impressive strategic thinking throughout complex problems
- Embraces and thrives under ambiguity - we’re a small startup after all!
- Intellectual curiosity, high ambition, growth mindset
- Proven track record of taking initiative to proactively identify & solve problems with autonomy and confidence
- Strong attention to detail, communication and writing skills
- Bonus if you have experience with sales technology tools like Outreach, Salesforce and others.
Typescript, React, GraphQL, Node, Postgres, and GCP