Alpaca is a hyper growth financial technology company that is democratizing global access to financial markets starting with our API-first stock brokerage. In just two years, billions of dollars of securities are traded every month via our API and rapidly increasing.
Alpaca’s globally distributed team consists of developers, traders, and brokerage business specialists and backed by a group of well-capitalized investors including Spark Capital, Portag3, Social Leverage, Y Combinator as well as highly experienced industry angel investors. We are also very tech-enthusiastic with notable track records in open source and startup communities.
Alpaca is a series A fintech startup that’s raised over $21M in funding. Alpaca builds an API for stock trading that enables developers across the world to build trading algos, applications, and brokerage services.
Alpaca’s globally distributed team consists of developers, traders, and brokerage specialists, and is backed by a group of prominent investors including Spark Capital, Portag3, Social Leverage, Elefund, Y Combinator, and highly experienced industry angel investors. We are also a very tech-enthusiastic team with notable track records in open source and startup communities.
You will be helping our broker partners/customers who build their Fintech apps on our API platform from technology standpoint as part of the business integration team. As an API product, we value and respect your engineering skills that you apply to solve the real world problems and help the partners/customers to build things that change the financial world. This will include provide technical training, answering tech questions, build a sample code, diagnose the integration problems, and work with internal team to solve the hard problems.
You are supposed to have:
- 1+ years experience in roles such as tech support and software engineering
- Communication skills to understand customer's problem and provide solutions
- Business analytical skills to understand the priorities and manage the expectation
- General web knowledges around HTML5, CSS, XML, JSON, HTTP(2/3), REST
- Data skills using SQL, R, Excel, Python
- Interest and/or background in financial markets
- International communication experiences
You will be doing:
- Provide technology solutions to the customers who build their application on our platform using API
- Analyze the business problems and solve it from technology aspect when it applies
- Build templated solutions that help various projects and showcase them
- Work closely with the integration team
- Understand the business objectives and priorities depending on the projects and manage your time slices across them
- Participate in customer calls and discuss problems/solutions with them
Go, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, React, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Redis
ENGINEERING TEAM AND PROCESSES
Our engineering team process is somewhere between scrum and kanban. We do daily standup every morning and manage project progress with JIRA. All the code reviews are done in GitHub and release process is seamlessly built around Google Cloud Build, Google Container Registry, GKE, etc. Everyone is encouraged to review others code and have transparent access to any information to improve products from any aspect.
We have built MarketStore (https://github.com/alpacahq/marketstore) in Go from scratch that is time-series database designed for financial data and made it open source. The challenge in our trading system is that you need to deal with real-time market environment to minimize latency while you need to make sure things work correctly as money management system. The requirements and system architecture are totally different and unique which is very exciting to tackle.