Full Stack Engineer with bias towards front-end work
Kanda is building Affirm for general contractors. We allow builders to offer their clients financing options when they want work done but can't pay the full price upfront.
Kanda is building Klarna for tradespeople. We let tradespeople offer their clients finance options when they want work doing but can't pay the full amount upfront. Kanda recently graduated YCombinator, the accelerator program that has backed the likes of Airbnb and Coinbase. We're also backed by the co-founders of PlanGrid, a $1B construction software company.
What's the opportunity
To help sustain our growth we are looking to hire a full stack engineer with good front-end experience, who will get to
- Help turn designs into a product that will be used and seen by thousands of people
- Work in an emerging company in the fintech industry
- Be at the forefront of change in an industry left behind by technology
- work with a YC proven team
You'll be a good fit if you are
- enthusiastic and vocal about ideas
- adaptable to change - be prepared to be asked to contribute to both front-end and back-end work at times
- always looking for opportunity to grow as an engineer
- person that has strong ownership with their work output
- are used to the code review process
- are used to pushing code with unit tests
- would be good if you have some experience in: Python, Falcon, gRPC (Python), Protobuf, familiarity with NoSQL databases
Working at Kanda, you will
- develop production ready applications in a fast pace
- discuss with a team of enthusiastic engineers who are open to use new and existing technologies
- develop frontend applications that will interface with backend services
Day-to-day life at Kanda
Kanda is fully remote and you'll be working from home full time but we will arrange meet-ups in person from time to time. We have daily team calls and weekly virtual meetups too. Expect normal UK working hours (9-5) but with full flexibility around time off.
A little about our hours and benefits
- Unlimited paid time off
- Full-time position, 40 hours a week, with normal UK working hours 9-5pm (+/- 2 hours)
- Stock options in a YC backed start-up
We use Figma for designs, Python for backend and html/CSS for frontend.