Per Diem makes it easy for local businesses to sell subscriptions online, and we give them all the marketing and fulfillment tools they need to build their own Amazon Prime.
We are building a small team of experienced product leaders to define and build on our vision of digitizing businesses in cities starting in the US but soon all across the world.
The role requires a mix of great technical depth, principled thinking, and well-honed product judgment. Given the three-sided nature of our business, you will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather you will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long-term strategy for the company.
- Expert product instincts and an ability to balance user and business impact
- Shipped creative and highly successful consumer tech products; involved in process end-to-end
- Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
- Experience analyzing and using data to inform decisions, familiarity with tools such as MixPanel, Amplitude are a big bonus!
- Experience influencing product direction and others around you. You handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity in a detailed, organized way
- Engineering or design experience
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will work among engineers, designers and operators in a fast-growing environment
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, operations, and marketing. You will guide product definition, strategy, and long-term vision for initiatives across audiences of our 2-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants
- Identify the biggest problems to solve
- Drive new feature development from start to finish
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Craft the strategic direction of the company
- Establish and measure success metrics after launch. Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into essential product decisions
- Communicate product plans, benefits, and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc You will report to our CTO
- CS degree or coded production-level web/mobile apps in the past
- Experience starting/scaling a successful startup from the ground up
- Interest in logistics, online-to-offline, on-demand services, transportation, marketplace
- Prove us that you're a doer
- Customer obsessed, we don't sell to customers, we partner with them and help them to succeed.
- You are a learner! You're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute
LIFE AT PER DIEM
- We’re a fully remote company, you can live on the moon as much as we care as long as you have an internet connection.
- We’re flexible, we're result-driven people you can have your own schedule as long as we can sync for 3-5 hours daily.
- We're meeting once a year and let you help us choose where.
- You'll have a daily meeting with the rest of the team including the executive team.
- You'll know exactly what's going on in the businesses. We're very transparent.
We're a small startup so you'll have lots of ownership. In terms of our stack, we're big on Node and Golang, and on the front-end we use Vue and React.
We love to experiment with new technologies and believe in full autonomy to our employees.