Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Alpaca is a hyper growth financial technology company that is democratizing global access to financial markets starting with our API-first stock brokerage. In just two years, billions of dollars of securities are traded every month via our API and rapidly increasing.
Alpaca’s globally distributed team consists of developers, traders, and brokerage business specialists and backed by a group of well-capitalized investors including Spark Capital, Portag3, Social Leverage, Y Combinator as well as highly experienced industry angel investors. We are also very tech-enthusiastic with notable track records in open source and startup communities.
Skills: CSS, HTML, SQL
Alpaca is a series A fintech startup that’s raised over $21M in funding. Alpaca builds an API for stock trading that enables developers across the world to build trading algos, applications, and brokerage services.
Alpaca’s globally distributed team consists of developers, traders, and brokerage specialists, and is backed by a group of prominent investors including Spark Capital, Portag3, Social Leverage, Elefund, Y Combinator, and highly experienced industry angel investors. We are also a very tech-enthusiastic team with notable track records in open source and startup communities.
We’re looking for a strategically-minded growth marketer that can help build and champion our customer user journey. The Lifecycle Marketing Manager will oversee two functions: B2B Nurture Marketing and B2C Lifecycle Marketing. In this role, you will cross-collaborate with different functions within marketing to ensure that Alpaca’s integrated campaign messages are highlighted in our automated nurture programs, grow our email marketing channel to engage our database, and work with cross-functional teams to provide strategic guidance and support - amplifying/aligning the message globally.
If you have a passion for building robust, data-driven marketing programs throughout a prospect’s lifecycle, can organize and drive vision, and are capable and comfortable in engaging with executives and individual contributors alike, we want to hear from you.
- Own the strategy and day-to-day responsibilities for email marketing, nurture programs, personalization, and local digital marketing support.
- Set initiatives for the lifecycle team in collaboration with other marketing functions that continuously educate our database audience in order to generate and mature pipeline.
- Build agile structure and process to govern the way global and lifecycle marketing teams operate in different countries around the world to improve efficiency. Developing a true center of excellence that spans across many functions.
- Interpret data, analyze results, and develop reports that showcase the impact and performance of lifecycle marketing programs to continuously optimize the customer journey.
- Lead database segmentation initiatives alongside our nurture marketing function to streamline a holistic segmentation strategy shared with other digital marketing stakeholders.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of CRM strategy, creating and building customer lifecycle journeys
- Extensive knowledge and experience in both Marketing Automation and CRM in order to deliver compelling email campaigns that tie into the overarching digital strategy
- Experience building personalized experience for web, email, and other digital properties in order to deliver right message at the right time to the right person
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and capable of clearly articulating vision and strategy
- Has a proven track record of highly effective collaboration, striking deep relationships and ability to influence cross-functional teams to drive towards common performance goals
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment and can quickly adapt to changes
- Ability to present ideas, data and results clearly, and communicate effectively across business teams and with 3rd party vendors/account representatives
Preferred Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
- Desire to function as both strategic marketers and also orchestrate tactical components of integrated marketing campaigns.
- Hubspot, Intercom, Segment, Pendo experience is a plus.
- Familiarity or interest in FinTech, financial markets, algorithmic trading, quant trading, investing applications. FinTech work experience is a plus.
- Excitement about Alpaca and democratizing access to global markets is a plus!
Go, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, React, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Redis
ENGINEERING TEAM AND PROCESSES
Our engineering team process is somewhere between scrum and kanban. We do daily standup every morning and manage project progress with JIRA. All the code reviews are done in GitHub and release process is seamlessly built around Google Cloud Build, Google Container Registry, GKE, etc. Everyone is encouraged to review others code and have transparent access to any information to improve products from any aspect.
We have built MarketStore (https://github.com/alpacahq/marketstore) in Go from scratch that is time-series database designed for financial data and made it open source. The challenge in our trading system is that you need to deal with real-time market environment to minimize latency while you need to make sure things work correctly as money management system. The requirements and system architecture are totally different and unique which is very exciting to tackle.