Content Marketing Summer Associate
Rent the Backyard helps homeowners make money from their backyards by building housing. While new laws have made these accessory dwelling units (ADUs) a lot easier to permit, they’re still expensive and take a long time to build. By building our own Tesla-inspired housing factory, Rent the Backyard manufactures homes twice as fast as homes built "on-site" and helps lower the cost of housing.
Working at Rent the Backyard is an incredible opportunity to be an early hire at a well-funded, quickly growing startup that’s radically reducing the cost and environmental impact of housing.
We’re looking for a Content Marketing Summer Associate to help Rent the Backyard educate and inspire homeowners about backyard homes / ADUs, Rent the Backyard’s products, and related topics in the world of real estate investing.
You’ll work closely with and learn from Rent the Backyard’s Director of Marketing as you primarily create content for the company’s blog, social media pages, and customer brochures.
You’ll spend a large chunk of your time writing, but you’ll also have the opportunity to create and lead a marketing project in a medium you’re excited about and will be able to share in your portfolio. Projects we’d be excited to see you take on include filming and producing videos for Tik Tok or YouTube, podcasting, or substantial graphic design work for the company’s website, brochures, or other marking material.
How you'll spend your day
- Help write and market Rent the Backyard’s blog
- Post and engage with prospective customers on Rent the Backyard’s social media pages
- Develop website copy and content
- Create and lead a marketing project you’ll be able to share in your portfolio.
What we’re looking for
- Strong written communication and editing skills
- Creative and independent thinking
- Organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Full-time 40 hours / week for 8-10 weeks on US Pacific time (remote okay)
- Nice to have: experience in an area you’d like to do your summer marketing project in (growth marketing, audio, video, graphic design, etc)
- Nice to have: located in the San Francisco Bay Area and able to visit our Oakland factory (not every day but some things will be easier in person)
How to apply
Apply here on Work at a Startup
Please share your resume, a portfolio of work if you have one (please don't make one for us), along with anything else you'd like us to know
Every home Rent the Backyard manufactures is built from 12 panels of a cutting-edge, incredibly green, building material called cross-laminated timber. With a focus on hyper-efficiency with software and robotic automation, each building is manufactured to almost 100% completion in the factory before being driven to the installation site where it’s craned into place.