Director, Customer Experience
Mattermost is an open source, remote-first enterprise software company headquartered in Palo Alto, California with engineering teams around the world. Our first product is an open source Slack-alternative for high trust DevOps teams who need to execute modern DevOps workflows while meeting stringent regulatory requirements.
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
About the role We are seeking a Director of Customer Experience who will be responsible for orchestrating the activities of the customer support, customer education, professional services and customer success teams (i.e. “Customer Success Organization”) to develop, deploy and enhance the best practices, procedures, metrics, reporting and tools necessary to deliver the ideal customer experience and quality at scale.
- Apply creative and problem-solving techniques to implement critical customer lifecycle strategies and impactful programs and processes that continually improve the overall customer experience, and guides internal action planning with data-driven approaches to measure success.
- Partner with cross-functional GTM and R&D leadership to develop critical feedback loops between our customers and Mattermost.
- Organize, coordinate and program manage the execution of customer experience initiatives with your cross-functional partners in customer success, support, product, marketing, design, and business systems to accomplish measurable business outcomes.
- Collaborate with the VP of Customer Success to determine the target levels of skills, knowledge, experience, behaviors, and best practices of each role in the field.
- Analyze customer feedback from multiple data sources and lead efforts to link feedback to customer and operational data to better identify actionable insights.
- Implement a Voice of Customer (VOC) program using customer feedback analyses from multiple data sources, and lead efforts to improve customer journey mapping by identifying opportunities to drive improvements and measure progress on improving the overall customer experience.
- Work collaboratively across key stakeholders in GTM and R&D to create a single source of truth for the adoption maturity curve, incorporating use cases, personas, industry metrics, and key customer outcomes, to align on what successful adoption looks like which will then inform the customer learning path and adoption plan.
- Experience in running customer-facing teams.
- Strong grasp of the customer lifecycle
- Proven record of quality and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce, JIRA, and other customer-facing tools and contact solutions.
- Experience establishing and maintaining global 7 x 24 support operations.
- Experience in a high growth startup environment, preferably with subscription-based software companies
- Experience with customer segmentation and territory planning.
- Able to partner cross-functionally with GTM, Sales, Product and Engineering teams
- Experience with customer escalation management
Mattermost is built in Golang, React and React Native you can find our source code at https://github.com/mattermost/ Learn more about our architecture at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNR05H72hi692y01bWaFXNA