$37,500 - $60k •
UPchieve is an edtech nonprofit that provides free, 24/7 online tutoring to low-income HS students. Using our app, students can request and get paired with a live, volunteer tutor in under 5 minutes. We’re one of only two edtech nonprofits to have ever been funded by Y Combinator. We’re also growing fast: last year we 100x’ed the number of weekly sessions happening on our platform (from 10/week to over 1,000/week)! Learn more about our mission to democratize access to academic support here.
We are seeking a highly organized and entrepreneurial individual to join the team as Program Coordinator to manage our school partnerships and nonprofit partnerships and support improvement to the core UPchieve experience. This position will report to and work directly with the Director of Programs. This could be a great role for an early career educator looking to break into ed-tech and/or nonprofit work.
- Support teacher, school, nonprofit partners at every stage of their journey to ensure they are using UPchieve as effectively as possible. This will include sharing reports, regular check-ins, teacher training, and the creation and customization of implementation materials
- Maintain a feedback loop between school and nonprofit partners and the UPchieve team with a goal of improving the UPchieve product Support the Director of Programs in effectiveness research by collecting school data, supporting research design, and supporting analysis
- Renew existing partnerships and contribute to procuring new partnerships
- Design and maintain a live and/or online community for teachers and school partners
- Support the programs team in ensuring customer success by maintaining email correspondence, nurturing relationships with users, reviewing and approving new users, and suggesting improvements to the UPchieve product
- Support the Programs team in quality assurance of the UPchieve platform including reviewing flagged tutoring sessions and suggesting improvements to the UPchieve product
What Our Ideal Candidate Looks Like:
We encourage interested applicants to apply even without all of the below qualifications!
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong writing and presentation building skills (training slides for PD, partnership proposals, etc.)
- An excellent relationship manager. You should be comfortable talking to and presenting to anyone about UPchieve over the phone, via video call or in-person
- 1+ years of experience working in or with schools and/or in partnerships, customer success, or implementation
$37.5k - $60k depending on prior experience and location
How to Apply:
Please submit your work history (e.g., resume ) and a paragraph highlighting why you are a good fit for the role and why you are interested in working at UPchieve. Please submit all applications through Idealist.
Our tech stack:
- Node.js and TypeScript
- Azure Cloud and Kubernetes
Our most fun technical challenge we're solving is how to efficiently manage the "marketplace" of students and volunteer coaches and how to most efficiently pair them.