First Engineering Hire - Full-Stack Software Engineer
Everything you buy was shipped. And you overpay for it because freight brokers are always involved in every freight shipping and charge enormously high commissions. At Zerobroker, we transform the $800 billion trucking industry and make freight shipping broker-free.
To fulfill our mission we're looking for a talented and experienced software engineer who can deliver work 1/4 the time that the most knowledgeable people think possible. Who has experience working in fast-growing tech startups, still writes code and can lead a small engineering team. If you believe this is about you, then we want to talk to you!
What you will do:
- Develop efficient and scalable web applications,
- Work across the modern stack from database schema design to backend services to application development,
- Accelerate the development and scaling of our backend infrastructure,
- Build real-time monitoring and analytics tools,
- Optimize matching systems based on supply/demand and geolocation information,
- Craft intelligent navigational and predictive algorithms based on real-world data,
- Build the best web experience, solve big problems and make the loads move.
We are looking for someone with:
- B.S., M.S., Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent (though brilliant dropouts are welcome),
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced startup environment(s),
- Deep system design skills. You stay up to date with the latest architectural trends and have exceptional experience building systems for scale; practical knowledge of orchestrating deployments in one or more major cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud, DigitalOcean),
- Experience with modern backend stack including relational and nonrelational databases and in developing complex software systems scaling to tens of thousands of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability,
- Experience with API development and real-time data streaming and processing,
- Experience with modern front-end development, React.js and its related libraries (GraphQL is a big plus),
- Experience with high-level map frameworks (Mapbox, Google Maps),
- and can take initiatives, come up with new solutions, and has excellent communication skills
As a startup company, we don’t limit our team members. Instead, we set out to discover their strongest sides. We understand that your skillset may be stronger in some areas than others, but we expect you to contribute in every step of building an outstanding customer experience. You should also ask for help from any team member whenever you need it. We don’t look for people who can do one particular job. We look for people with whom we want to share our vision and lives. Join our team early and see how high and far you can go!
Let’s make the impossible possible together. Come join us!
The problem we are solving is extremely hard! No one ever solves it before. Zerobroker is the first company in the world that challenges the status quo of the old freight transportation industry and makes it broker-free.
We do it by providing real-time upfront pricing, automating payments, insurances, capacity vetting, matching, and everything else that companies need to move their loads securely and without paying brokerage commissions.
We also empower small and mid-sized trucking companies to act as full-scale logistics companies without hiring a single employee.
When we succeed 7.6 billion people in the world will buy products cheaper!