Senior Product Marketing Manager
Berbix is building identity verification and fraud deterrence as a service. Founded by the former engineering and product leaders for Trust & Safety at Airbnb, we empower companies to confidently answer the question: “Are you who you say you are?"
This is a question many online platforms need to answer. We've started answering this question by creating four lightweight hosted verifications:
- Verify an email address
- Verify a phone number
- Scan a photo ID
- Confirm a street address
We then have an add-on framework that integrates with multiple backend providers to further increase our confidence that users on the other side of the screen are who they say they are. We are targeting three primary use cases:
- Age Verification
Ordering alcohol, nicotine, and marijuana online is quickly becoming the norm. Platforms need a confident way to ensure these orders are being made by and delivered to consumers above a certain age. Many have regulatory requirements to collect an ID. We also help other age-restricted services like online gambling.
- Fraud Deterrence
Every online platform has a fraud problem. By offering platforms a range of user-facing verifications, we're adding additional tools to their proverbial toolbox to help fight fraud. For example, requiring phone verification of a bona fide mobile number (as opposed to a virtual number) for high-value or otherwise riskier transactions.
- KYC ("Know Your Customer")
Cryptocurrency and other FinTech startups have various compliance requirements for identifying account holders. We provide a secure and user-friendly way to collect photo IDs from their users.
Berbix’s mission is to enable all individuals to prove who they are and control how their information gets shared. Founded by the former engineering and product leaders for Trust & Safety at Airbnb, we empower companies to confidently answer the question: “Are you who you say you are?"
We’ve 10x’d revenue in the past year and signed leading brands such as Silver Car (Audi), Juul, Caliva, Skip Scooters, Sift, Life360 and Neo Financial. We serve customers in a broad variety of industries, recently raised our Series A led by Mayfield, and are actively growing our all-star team.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for creating and updating Berbix’s core messaging and positioning. They will be responsible for understanding our target audience and product. This role will report to the VP of Marketing and will have a material impact on our GTM plan, core messaging, and documenting our ideal customer profile. Ideal candidates should be comfortable defining GTM strategy, as well as working closely with product and sales teams. This role will work across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop a deep understanding of our ideal customer profile and document for the team.
- Support product launches with clear messaging and understanding of where we fit in the overall market.
- Create and update website messaging, product naming and positioning, and competitive differentiation.
- Create and update sales enablement materials including pitch decks, playbook, use cases, etc.
- Work cross functionally with product, engineering, and sales on our GTM plan.
- 6 years of marketing experience, with 4 years of experience dedicated to product marketing for a B2B SaaS product
- Experience at an early stage startup (Seed, Series A or B)
- Experience working cross functionally with product on product strategy and messaging
- Strong writing & communication skills with experience in crafting compelling narratives, developing sales content & performing enablement
- Customer-centric with expertise in working with enterprise sales teams & engaging directly with customers
Nice to have
- A deep understanding of SaaS pricing models
We are a company that values the well-being of our employees and we strive to cultivate a healthy and inclusive work culture. We offer a robust benefits package to our full-time employees, including:
-100% company paid premiums for medical, dental, & vision. 50% company paid premiums for dependents
-Flexible and generous PTO + 20 holidays
-401 (k) retirement plan + company match, AD&D + life insurance
-Monthly wellness allowance to spend on your mind and body
-Professional Development allowance to learn new, and grow existing skills
-12 week, 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
-Daily in office lunch + healthy office snacks and Ritual Coffee
-Commuter benefits - pre-tax + $50 monthly stipend to use on commuting or parking
-Regular office social activities like Fun Fridays and Monthly Bagel Breakfasts
Berbix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We aspire to promote a diverse and inclusive environment for all current and future employees.
We are fully built on Google Cloud and are able to leverage a number of the services they offer. Our stack is currently:
- Go and React on App Engine
- Java, Node and Go on Kubernetes (where there is some limitation in App Engine)
- Cloud Datastore and Cloud Storage