Customer Experience Representative (Part-Time)
The Adobe Creative Suite for Life Sciences
Effective visuals and designs give scientists the tools to convey incredibly complex scientific concepts in an unambiguous, universally accessible way. At BioRender, our mission is to empower the world to learn and communicate science faster through visuals. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery.
We’re looking for an energetic, friendly individual with a passion for science to join our team as a part-time Customer Experience Representative. You will provide lightning-fast responses to our users, making sure they get help when and where they need it. Your focus will be on providing above-and-beyond customer support, with the goal of creating a positive, rewarding experience as a result of every interaction.
This role is part-time (minimum of 25 hours/week).
Our ideal fit
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Curious, loves asking questions, and thinks outside of the box
- Dedicated to building both a product and an experience that users love
- Wants to revolutionize how science is communicated around the world
- Monitor and manage customer chat requests, providing real-time customer support and resolving any technical issues
- Liaise with the sales and product team to provide users the best possible experience
- Relay feedback from users to the product team, ensuring we address any technical glitches or bugs
- Understand user satisfaction and track NPS scores
- Monitor our company phone line and support email, responding to queries when they happen
What you bring to the table
- 1+ years of experience in customer service (ideally in a SaaS or technology company)
- Bachelor's degree in the life sciences
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience using Zendesk, Intercom, or other customer support platform
- Interest / knowledge in the life sciences
- Self-starter with ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Legally authorized to work in Canada and located in EST time zone
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by reducing the time it takes to visually communicate research from many hours to just minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it performing life-changing medical research, teaching the scientists of tomorrow, and helping people understand the world around them.
An incredible group of investors back us, including Y Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
Our tight-knit group is bonded by its shared commitment to our core values of resourcefulness, curiosity, integrity, empathy and humility. By both individually and collectively embodying these values, we can create clean, powerful, elegant solutions that delight our customers.
We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. We believe that people do their best work when they feel good, and every member of our team deserves to feel safe, empowered, and supported. To this end, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
3 Recharge Long Weekends per year, in addition to vacation days
Regular virtual team events to stay connected
Fast-paced, mission and values-driven environment with highly engaged coworkers
Ideally, you would work onsite at our office in Toronto; however, given the ongoing restrictions brought on by COVID-19, this is currently a remote position. We are open to considering continuing in a remote capacity once restrictions are lifted.
If your interest is piqued, please apply. We'd love to hear from you. Also, be sure to check out other listings on our Careers page.
BioRender is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
About us: BioRender is a fast growing seed stage SaaS startup based in Toronto. We’re creating the standard visual language of biology and the suite of tools to communicate it. We’re a team of passionate engineers, science illustrators, designers and entrepreneurs and are backed by an incredible group of investors including Y Combinator. We nerd out on cool science stuff and solving big problems.
Problem we are solving: Each year, biomedical researchers waste over a billion hours trying to communicate their research by drawing complex biology figures using tools like PowerPoint. At BioRender, our mission is have every visual representation of biology made and communicated with our tools. We reduce the time it takes scientists to create visuals from hours to minutes while drastically improving the quality. BioRender is used around the world by over 500 institutions including Stanford, Harvard, Genentech and many more of the best research institutions in the world.
Onsite, remote considered for candidates with expertise in web-based collaboration / data visualization products.
Office location: downtown Toronto