Business Operations Associate
We are a mission-driven, venture-backed startup growing quickly into a large financial enterprise. We solve complex, life-changing problems for older adults, people with disabilities, and people recovering from addiction, all of whom are often neglected by the financial services industry.
It is an honor to wake up in the morning knowing that we have a profound impact on our customers’ lives, whether it’s our True Link Prepaid Visa Card saving a retiree from losing thousands of dollars of his savings to scams or our True Link investment advisory platform supporting a young woman with a disability to plan for her future while protecting her life-saving medical benefits.
We have offices in San Francisco, Denver, and Kingston NY, and a strong team of distributed team members across the US as well. If you are a high-performing person who wants to join a diverse, inclusive team and use your skills to make a real impact in people’s lives, we invite you to apply to join our team.
- Our investors include Khosla (Series B lead), QED (Series A lead) , Radicle Impact, Kapor Capital, and Initialized Capital
- If you are a Rails/React or full-stack Rails engineer with four or more years experience, we are always interested
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company that provides quality financial services for people whose needs go unmet by traditional institutions. It is an honor to wake up in the morning knowing that we have a profound impact on our customers’ lives, whether it’s our True Link Prepaid Visa Card saving a retiree from losing thousands of dollars to scams or our True Link investment advisory platform helping a young woman with a disability plan for her future while protecting her medical benefits.
As part of the business operations team at True Link, you’ll dive in to help solve some of our thorniest business problems. You will take ownership of key strategic projects and drive cross-functional implementation to grow our investment advisory business. This is a unique opportunity to have a real impact on our company and growth!
What You'll Do
- Lead high-priority strategic projects for our investment advisory business, taking end-to-end ownership from rigorous scoping and analysis to creative problem solving and implementation
- Conduct actionable research and data analysis to help make decisions and guide our growth strategy
- Bring rigor, resilience and efficiency to investment advisory processes; identify risks and inefficiencies, and propose pragmatic solutions
- Implement innovative initiatives to further scale and optimize our business
- Partner cross-functionally with our Product, Growth, Operations, and Client Services teams and collaborate closely with colleagues on the business operations team
Who You Are
- 2+ years of work experience focused on strategy and/or business operations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Structured thinker and communicator; ability to bring order to chaos, without being overwhelmed by uncertainty
- Fast learner who quickly builds knowledge about a new context, industry, or set of requirements
- Data extraction and analysis experience (SQL, Excel, Python etc.); comfortable playing with numbers and making sense of them
- Strong work ethic, persistence, humility and detail-orientation; ability to plan and execute independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
Why You'll Love Us
- We’ve got the energy and passion of a startup combined with the professionalism of a financial services firm and the compassion of a mission-driven organization that truly cares about the people we serve.
- We’re just getting started! With fifty million Americans in our addressable market, we are growing quickly into a large financial services company that will be developing new products you will help us shape and take to market.
- We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, and an awesome vacation package.
- Our customers are not only grateful for our services but are the absolute best. We have the privilege of providing financial protection for vulnerable members of society and partnering with expert service providers to do so. Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly every night knowing you are doing a really wonderful thing by getting our services into more hands.
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with 100% respect and dignity. Diversity and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously, and we welcome team members of all backgrounds and identities.
- Our offices are dog friendly and filled with snacks, catered lunch, and a group of friendly, caring people. We’re happy to still be enjoying laughs with colleagues and appearances of furry friends over Zoom for now.
- With offices across the country, we welcome applicants who want to join our existing and future offices (in SF, Denver, Columbus, OH, NYC, and Kingston, NY) when it’s safe to work alongside each other again (and remote until then).
If you are a high-performing person who wants to join a diverse, inclusive team and use your skills to make a real impact in people’s lives, we invite you to apply to join our team. Please apply directly on our website.
Rails / React / AWS