Jerry is building a super app to save customers time and money on car expenses. We started in 2019 with our AI- and machine-learning-based car insurance comparison service and today serve nearly 1 million customers across the United States.
Jerry generated tremendous revenue and customer growth since its 2019 launch. The company experienced 10x revenue growth in 2020 and is on track to continue robust growth in 2021. Jerry is the #1 rated and most downloaded app in its category.
Jerry is founded by serial entrepreneurs who built and scaled YourMechanic, the largest nationwide on-demand car repair and maintenance service serving more than 2,000 U.S. cities. The experienced leadership team is supported by board members and investors Chi-Hua Chien, co-founder of Goodwater Capital, and Rafi Syed, general partner at Bow Capital.
We are based in Silicon Valley and have offices in Palo Alto, Toronto, and Buffalo. We are backed by Y-combinator, SV Angel, Funders Club, and many other prominent Silicon Valley Investors.
We’d love to hear from you if you are looking for:
-Start-up energy working with a brilliant and passionate team -$300 billion market opportunity -Exponential growth -Open communication environment based on high integrity values -Rockstar teammates
We’d love to hear from you if you like:
- Start-up energy working with a brilliant and passionate team
- Exponential growth (5 straight quarters of 50-100%+ quarter over quarter growth)
- Flat structure and access to senior leadership for continuous mentorship
- Meritocracy - we promote based on performance, not tenure
- Rockstar teammates. You will be working with a strong team with prior work experience at Amazon, Microsoft, NVIDIA, Alibaba, etc.
Jerry.ai is building a super app for your car that helps people optimize the cost and experience of owning a car (making ownership easy & affordable). There are 240M cars in the US alone. For most people, cars are one of the most expensive assets they own and families on average spend 20% of their income on car expenses, making this a massive market.
We have started with helping people optimize the cost of car insurance and our vision is to help people in every aspect of car ownership. Since our product launch, we have been growing really fast for the past 18 months and our users love the product (rating 4.5 in the app store). Jerry.ai is founded by serial entrepreneurs who previously built and scaled YourMechanic (“Uber for car repair,” the nation’s largest on-demand car repair company). We have raised over $50M+ in financing.
About the role:
We are looking for experienced software engineers who love tackling convoluted problems and coming up with clean, stable solutions that scale. The ideal candidate would be someone who has a genuine passion for designing and implementing elegant software solutions. They would also be intimately familiar (and up to date) with their development ecosystem for making sound decisions when it comes to choosing the right tool or library for the job. We expect our engineers to be able to contribute across the entire product stack, as well as collectively oversee the integrity of the codebase.
A few examples of the projects that we are working on:
- Create a smart prediction engine for customer’s insurance coverage needs
- Build predictive models on customer purchase behavior based on a large data set
- Use telematics tracking to build customer driving risk profile
- Developing front-end web and mobile applications with scalable back-end services and data processing pipelines.
- Participate in the design and development of projects, either independently or in a team.
- Participate in product decision making, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Be self-sufficient and take responsibility of seeing projects through to successful conclusions.
- Lead design and development of projects, either independently or in a team.
- Provide mentorship to team members and participate in design decisions.
- Be the gatekeeper of the codebase and ensure that it stays stable, readable, and free of technical debt.
- 3 + years of full-time software development experience.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Proficient with modern web application development with knowledge of JS ecosystems and open source web frameworks (e.g. NodeJS/React/GraphQL/PostgreSQL/Redshift/Redis/Kubernetes).
- Solid understanding of performance implications and scalability of code.
- Keenness for writing good, meaningful tests and maintaining thorough test coverage.
- Experience with large, complex codebases and know how to maintain them.
Good to have:
- Experience with React Native.
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo.
- Experiences working with Kubernetes clusters and Server-less applications on public clouds (e.g. AWS EC2).
- 5+ years of experience
- SF bay area
- New York
- Remote Candidates are welcomed!
Technology stack: Typescript, NodeJS, React, React Native, GraphQL, Serverless.