TypeScript Developer — Frontend
We build software that helps developers add authentication, billing, and membership functionality to any project with one line of code.
Our goal is to enable more people to build and scale online businesses.
It's never been easier to build a website, but the opportunity to build or own an online business is still out of reach for the vast majority of people. That's why we're creating tools that make it easier & more affordable to spin up a web app, operate and scale an online business, and get paid.
Progress so far
A lot has changed in the last 1-2ish years. We started an agency to prove the concept in 2018, launched on Product Hunt in July 2019, and now Memberstack supports over 1,300 companies 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉 Collectively, our customers have made over $10 million and created accounts for 500k people.
We're a small team of 7, have 5 years of runway, and earlier this year we raised money from Gradient Ventures, a cofounder of Firebase, the founder of Teachable, and 12 others in the payments/auth space.
What to expect
👋 Week one: Hit the ground running. Our 7 person team is small, busy, and excited to work with someone they can trust to get the job done. Our primary goals in that first week are for you to feel comfortable with our stack, introduced to the team, and ready to start tackling high-priorty dashboard and package projects. You'll work closely with the rest of the team, and they'll trust that what you're building is following industry best practices, easy to use, and scale-able.
🌱 Month one: We're in the process of rebuilding our product and migrating to 2.0. We'll need your help tackling frontend features in our roadmap, and ultimately accelerating our time to launch. Such features include (but are not limited to) supporting billing in our dashboard, as well as development of client-facing packages.
🌳 Long term: This role will never go away! We don't expect you to stay forever, but we'd love if you did. We're in this for the long haul, and we're here to support your goals.
About this role and why it's critical
Memberstack's current version of the application is built on Webflow (front-end), Node, Express, and Mongo (backend). With a scrappy MVP, we've been able to scale to 1,500+ customers who have made over $10M in revenue using Memberstack.
Now that our value proposition has been validated, it is time to level up our product to get it in the hands of even more people. We're working on a 2nd version of the product, and our new stack is Node.js, Express, TypeScript, GraphQL, Serverless, and AWS. You will be responsible for building functionality for thousands of customers and potentially millions of end-users.
As a core member of a small team, you will be trusted to help ensure the long-term success of this new product through a commitment to craftsmanship — that is to say a dedication to raising the bar on code quality and end-user experience.
Does this sound like you?
- You are comfortable with frameworks like React, but know when and when not to use them.
- End-user experience is as important to you as code quality.
- You know how to architect and build scale-able infrastructure.
- You know how to refactor existing applications into clearer, standardized, documented, and testable applications.
- You love developing software applications from start to finish: through conception, research, polish, and maintenance — to build delightful products that perform reliably.
- You can code, test, debug, and automate complex applications on the frontend, but are not afraid to occasionally help in the backend.
- You enjoy working in a team, but are able to operate with a high degree of independence and autonomy.
- You're a product-builder at heart and care about building meaningful, exceptional technology.
- You have clear written & verbal communication skills in English.
- Bonus: You've previously engineered products that have been used by a lot of people.
- Bonus: You have an eye for design and are opinionated about UX / UI.
- Bonus: You have experience with GraphQL.
Even if 70% of this role description sounds like you, we'd be delighted to hear from you.
We build authentication & billing infrastructure that is beautiful, best-in-class, and easy to use — with or without code.