We're enabling electric vehicles to charge as fast as it takes to fill up a tank of gas.
A BIT ABOUT US
GBatteries was founded six years ago to tackle one of the world’s most pressing issues: the transition to a cleaner future through electrification. We are pioneering battery technology which enables ultra-fast charging of Li-ion batteries without compromising battery life — and without changing the battery’s chemistry or manufacturing process. Ultimately, our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of electric vehicles.
We are working on some of the biggest challenges in energy storage, and are looking for the right people to join us as we develop our technology and continue to scale.
THE OPPORTUNITY AND THE ROLE
In this role, you'll architect and lead the development of a web-based product, designed to connect thousands of embedded devices to the cloud, collect large amounts of data, and provide an intuitive interface for management and monitoring. As a Software Architect, you’ll be designing and leading the development of an analytics and data warehousing platform that allows users to efficiently make queries on terabytes of timeseries data to discover meaningful insights.
You'll work with the product and project management team to clarify requirements, understand business drivers, provide estimates and develop plans. You will exercise judgment in making trade-offs between design and feasibility. As a Team Lead on our close-knit, cross-functional team, you’ll mentor and lead the software team to ensure that best development practices are held, technical debt is addressed, and the product is documented; you’ll work with our VP of Engineering to ensure that all software products are maintained at a high quality and meet customer requirements.
We've not set it in stone, however our preferred salary range for this position is $100,000 - $150,000.
You’ll join a small but growing software team where everyone – including you – is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of infrastructure, systems, and cares about creating dependable products. While we are still growing and have plenty to do, we are incredibility supportive of each other and pitch in to support our peers when problems arise.
THE ENGINEERING CULTURE
• Autonomy: There's no red tape on what technology frameworks you can use, or what language you should be coding in. We believe in using the best tool(s) for the job, and learning any new ones along the way.
• Scope: You won't be adding small features to a monolithic codebase; you will be designing and building entire products from start to finish. Your team members will recognize you for the products you build and the impact these products have on their workflow. You will have the opportunity to identify the business needs for a particular product, work through the development life cycle, and interact with your customers directly.
• Interesting Problems: Much of what we do is in uncharted territories. As a result, we are often posed with interesting and challenging engineering problems, which will encourage you to prototype, iterate, and innovate. It's part of the company culture to encourage crazy ideas, and celebrate failures as learning opportunities. Many of the design problems you will encounter won't have answers on Google or Stack Overflow, they will encourage you to come up with unique approaches and strengthen your design thinking.
THE TECH STACK
• Development: React.js, Python (Flask, Django), FastAPI
• Data Warehousing: PostgreSQL
• DevOps: Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform
THE SKILL SET
• Bachelor in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience in software development with over 2 years of architecting, implementing, and supporting enterprise-grade full-stack web applications
• Meaningful experience working with Kubernetes, or any equivalent container orchestration system
• A strong understanding of different communications protocols, and how to design efficient, scalable networks
• Ability to design complex systems, and acquire a deep understanding of the roles and requirements of each component
• Ability to lead a team of developers and ensure best coding practices are followed
WHAT WE OFFER
We are working on many exciting projects towards our ultimate goal of breaking down the final barrier preventing the adoption of electric vehicles; range anxiety. We’re a growing company working with some of the largest manufacturers in the world, and there’s still a huge amount to do. You’ll be able to see the impact of your work from day one, and have the opportunity to see the final effect on real world products. We encourage unconventional thinking, and seek resilient problem solvers who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
During the pandemic, we are operating remote-by-default.
HOW TO APPLY
Is the idea of enabling the global mass adoption of electric vehicles exciting to you? We’d love to hear from you! To apply please include a short message addressed to Henry Rearden within the application below; no cover letter necessary. If you have any questions, or just want to say hello, feel free to reach out to Vlad Belov on LinkedIn.
We particularly value diversity, and we know that experience comes in many forms. If your unique experience is close to what we’re looking for, please still consider applying.
Our technology enables li-ion batteries to charge extremely fast while retaining long cycle life using smart control algorithms.