Lead Electrical/Firmware Engineer
InnaMed is a Y Combinator alum and VC-backed startup developing an at-home blood testing device with telehealth capabilities for patient monitoring and treatment guidance. See website to learn more (www.InnaMed.com).
Skills: C, C#, Linux, Firmware
InnaMed is a Y Combinator alum and venture-backed startup developing HomeLab®, a connected, at-home blood testing system for enabling precision medicine. By allowing patients to perform real-time, disease-specific blood tests at home, InnaMed aims to empower healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies alike to improve and optimize patient therapies. InnaMed’s electrochemical immunoassay and clinical chemistry diagnostics platform is covered by several patents and publications and the company already has multiple ongoing partnerships with top pharmaceutical companies. See our website to learn more (www.InnaMed.com).
Our team consists of scientists and engineers from top universities and biotechnology companies. We are passionate about improving upon the cost, access and quality of global healthcare and we are currently looking to hire our first embedded systems engineer. Specifically, we are looking for an experienced individual to develop firmware and hardware for our portable medical diagnostics system. This includes designing PCBs, firmware development and selecting and interfacing hardware components. You will have independent responsibility and freedom to make your own decisions but will also be collaborating with a cooperative team. Your role will grow with the organization as a core member of the product team and will have a meaningful impact on medicine.
- Develop hardware architecture interfacing the product’s physical components into robust, portable package. Develop and test code to ensure functionality from prototype to commercialization stage
- Work with software and hardware engineers and external suppliers to achieve necessary features
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in embedded firmware development in C or C++ on ARM microcontrollers
- Firmware development in a controlled release environment with versioning & source control
- Firmware architecture design & test development experience
- Breadboard to PCB development experience w/ strong understanding of electronics is a plus
- Design, assembly, and troubleshooting of analog & digital circuits such as current drivers, transimpedance amplifiers, analog to digital converters, & feedback controls is a plus
- ECAD experience in schematic capture and board layout for analog & digital circuits is a plus
- Experience in Linux app programming on embedded Single Board Computers is a plus
- Experience with CAD design tools such as AutoCAD/SolidWorks design is a plus
- Experience working with a quality system in a regulated industry is a plus
- Attributes: enthusiasm, decisiveness, adaptability to changing business requirements, self-starter.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English)
Required Education and Experience:
- BSc, BEng and/or MSc, PhD in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related field and a tangible history working in a small team to executed projects from scratch
- 2+ years of experience in building commercialization ready products starting from dev boards
We're looking for team members with experience in hardware, software, embedded systems and biochemistry. Experience working in small teams and commercializing products is highly preferred.