Lead Mechanical Engineer
InnaMed is a Y Combinator alum and VC-backed startup developing an at-home blood testing device with telehealth capabilities for patient monitoring and treatment guidance. See website to learn more (www.InnaMed.com).
Skills: CAD Design
InnaMed is a Y Combinator alum and venture-backed startup developing HomeLab®, a connected, at-home blood testing system for enabling precision medicine. By allowing patients to perform real-time, disease-specific blood tests at home, InnaMed aims to empower healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies alike to improve and optimize patient therapies. InnaMed’s electrochemical immunoassay and clinical chemistry diagnostics platform is covered by several patents and publications and the company already has multiple ongoing partnerships with top pharmaceutical companies. See our website to learn more (www.InnaMed.com).
Our team consists of scientists and engineers from top universities and biotechnology companies. We are passionate about improving upon the cost, access and quality of global healthcare and we are currently looking to hire our first hardware engineer. Specifically, we are looking for an experienced individual to develop hardware for our portable medical diagnostics system. This includes envisioning mechanisms to interface internal hardware components such as pumps and motors as well as creating a functional and beautiful peripheral design. You will have independent responsibility and freedom to make your own decisions but will also be collaborating with a cooperative team. Your role will grow with the organization as a core member of the product team and will have a meaningful impact on medicine.
- Prototyping hardware design interfacing product’s physical components into a functional, portable and aesthetic package using tools such as 3D printing, CNC milling/machining, etc.
- Source components such as pumps, motors, connectors, speakers, displays, etc. and test robustness of integrated prototypes while maintaining design history file; design for manufacture and assembly
- Work with software and embedded systems engineers and suppliers to achieve necessary features
- Work with manufacturers to scale production while reducing COGs (design for molding, etc.)
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of fluidics, robotics and mechanics
- Experience with CAD design tools such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools such as 3D printing, laser cutting and CNC machining
- Knowledge of design for manufacturing and assembly (medical industry experience preferred)
- PCB design, layout, testing and troubleshooting is a plus; firmware engineering experience is a plus
- Experience working with a quality system in a regulated industry is a plus
- Attributes: enthusiasm, decisiveness, adaptability to changing business requirements, self-starter.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English).
Required Education and Experience:
- BSc, BEng and/or MSc, PhD in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or related field and a tangible history working in small teams and executing projects from scratch
- 2+ years of experience in building commercialization ready products starting from prototypes
We're looking for team members with experience in hardware, software, embedded systems and biochemistry. Experience working in small teams and commercializing products is highly preferred.