We are building your personal finance OS. Forget about spreadsheets, Finary allows you to track, manage and invest your wealth. We believe that technology can enable everybody to become great investors. To achieve that, we are reinventing the experience from the ground up.
Finary was born out of our frustrations in tracking our investments. Tracking investments is the bedrock of a well-diversified investment strategy. This problem has been around for too long. We are tackling it head-on by building a platform that is both fun and powerful. A platform that takes the complexity out of finance.
- You're in charge of the Design for Finary, a YC alumn and the fastest growing portfolio tracker in the world. Come build the new standard for investment tracking and managing with us.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Full-time position
- Paris-based but International Remote
About the product
Finary is your personal finance OS. We allow users to track and manage their wealth.
Finary is built for the modern-day investor: compatible with all types of asset classes (including crypto), real-time data, slick design, lots of analytics...
We talk to our users every day and build the product with them. We move fast, iterate, try new things and use Pareto principles when it comes to shipping.
What you'll do
In a nutshell: own the creative vision & execution for our product
- Work closely with our Head of Product on the full design process, from research to building slick UI/UX.
- Designing products that solve problems in a simple and elegant way while taking care of every small detail from wire-framing to designing end-to-end flows and prototypes.
- Run testing sessions & dig deep into analytics to understand complex usage patterns.
- Own and improve our rock-solid design system.
- Manage external stakeholders, freelancers and agencies.
Skills we are excited about
We're looking for people that are genuinely friendly and ambitious.
- Team player: you are humble, open to challenge, and like to help others grow. The most important is the progress of the team and the product.
- Experienced - 5+ years in a Designer role with a successful Fintech or subscription App.
- Versatile - You worked on native & web Apps that people love and use on a daily basis.
- Owner mentality - You like to take initiatives and find new creative solutions to problems.
- Excellent communicator - You know how to coordinate teams, collect feedback, identify bottlenecks.
- Perpetual learner - You are excited about talking to users, potential partners, learning about our finance in general.
- Fluent in English - Fluency is a must, native is a big plus.
- Bonus - You are passionate about personal finance & investing
World-Class Design degree? Self-Taught? It doesn't matter.
We care about your skills, not about what's written on a piece of paper.
- Location: Paris or Remote
- Competitive package & meaningful equity grant
- Medical insurance (Alan)
- Call with one of our founders (1 hour)
- Interview with your future colleagues and the other founder (2 hours)
- Test task that is similar to tasks you would do on a daily basis as part of the team
- Decision time!
You don't live in Paris? The whole process can be remote and we hire globally!
How to apply?
Tell us why you want to join Finary and why you generally care about the problem we're solving. Make your first impression count. Share with us what excites you, your portfolio and how you envision your role at Finary.
Working on the tech team at Finary means joining a passionate team of specialists who are already experts in their fields. We're all working together in the company to build something that has never been done, this is what makes it so interesting! Each new feature has to be architectured by ourselves.
Our current tech stack is Ruby On Rails for the backend and ReactJS for the web app and mobile apps. We also use Python for data management and machine learning As our usage is rising quickly our current challenge is to build an event-driven architecture and an optimized way of exchanging data between the backends and the frontends.
Developing Finary's web and mobile apps is an ever-going UX challenge as we have to display a lot of data in an easy and customized way to our users.
Last but not least, we take security and data privacy very seriously. All of our developments and processes have to implement the best industry standards for our users.