Head of Talent
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Today’s online marketplaces are neither safe nor fun -- they’re full of counterfeits, and you shop by endlessly scrolling through listings. Whatnot verifies every item sold and provides a fun social shopping experience to enjoy with friends and community members.
Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, Wonder Ventures & Andressan Horowitz
Whatnot is a livestream shopping marketplace where you can geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Y Combinator. Whatnot is the fastest growing marketplace in the US.
About This Role
We're looking for a talent leader to help us rapidly grow our team. You will lead every aspect of the recruiting strategy & execution and help build the recruiting team from the ground up.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the recruiting process across multiple roles and teams
- Create a talent acquisition strategy that delivers excellence across the talent lifecycle, including attracting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding talent
- Define, measure, and optimize KPIs for talent acquisition
- Build Whatnot’s employment brand
- Build and manage Whatnot's recruiting team
- Scale Whatnot fast while maintaining a strong culture and diverse team
- Collaborate with agencies to source senior-level hires
- You have 6+ years of recruiting experience in a high-growth startup environment
- You have 2+ years experience managing and building recruiting teams
- Experience recruiting across many different roles and seniority levels including engineering
- You’re comfortable working across all parts of recruiting and beyond to accomplish the goals you’ve set
- You’re up for the challenge of working at one of the fastest growing companies in the US and ready to move at an incredibly fast pace
Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, Serverless
Databases: Postgres, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis
Backend: Python (Flask), Node, Elixir
Front-End React, React Native, Swift, Kotlin