Head of Product
At Convex (YC W19), we’re building the leading B2B full-stack software platform for the $400bn+ commercial services market. It's a 100-year-old industry impacting millions of people every day. We already work with some of the largest enterprise companies in the sector and were one of the fastest growing companies in the Winter 2019 YC batch. Our team is a unique mix of industry veterans from Carrier, Siemens, and Honeywell as well as founders from MIT, Harvard, and Georgia Tech. Based in San Francisco, our investors include Emergence Capital, 1984 Ventures, UP2398, Liquid2 (Joe Montana), YCombinator, the founders of PlanGrid, and others.
We are looking for our first Head of Product to establish and build the Product function at Convex - a YC and Emergence backed, Series A enterprise SaaS company.
Our product is premium software that merges two complex disciplines—rich, property-level and highly customizable enterprise workflows—in simple and elegant ways.
Our customers serve an under-the-radar, but massive and ubiquitous industry, commercial building services. They are responsible for the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the lighting, safety, and security that power daily life for millions of people.
We are based in, and love, the seven square miles of San Francisco, but our customers live and work in almost every state in America. They include some of the largest enterprises in the country, like Siemens and Carrier, and smaller businesses we care just as deeply about.
Our flagship product, Atlas, supercharges our users’ work by providing them with prepopulated information on virtually every commercial property in the country and the software to organize their work. This is a secret weapon for our users who serve these locations; nothing like this is available in the market today.
Atlas users grow their businesses by using Atlas to discover new properties to sell to, qualify those properties, manage their sales funnel, and see all of their property-based workflow in one place.
We are building a “consumer-grade” quality enterprise product. Think Apple experience with Oracle utility. We have been -oriented from the beginning and our customers rave about the product’s quality and aesthetics.
- Strategy and vision: Work with the Chief Product Officer and stakeholders to set the product vision for Convex and evangelize this across the company
- Discovery: Engage closely with our customers, user , , Engineering, Customer Success, and Sales teams to discover elegant solutions to challenging user and business problems
- Delivery: Drive the product lifecycle through delivery, using influence instead of authority to work through peers, stakeholders, and executives to ship a high quality product
- Management: Build, lead, manage and inspire a team of product managers building Convex products
- Culture: Build and nurture a culture at Convex that cherishes the product, customers, and the business around them
Qualifications (* = Nice to have)
- 5+ years working in technology as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, analyst, scientist, or user researcher
- Successful experience managing a product team
- Demonstrated execution in delivering innovative solutions for customers and the business
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and to layout your argument in a well-structured, -informed, narrative
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- A love for your customers, and for finding solutions that work for them and the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for working in early-stage (and fast-growing) environments
- Experience with a complex, technical product or in enterprise SaaS*
Convex is looking for engineers to help our customers serve an under the radar, but massive and ubiquitous industry, commercial building services. Our customers service the systems that provide air we breathe, the water we drink, as well as the lighting, safety, and security systems that power daily life for billions of people.
We are based in, and love, the seven square miles of San Francisco, but our customers are in every corner of America. We found our foothold in small to medium sized businesses, and have quickly been pulled up-market to some of the largest enterprises in the country, like Siemens and Carrier. We have shipped an impressive amount of product with a lean team, but now we have to scale to meet the demands of our customer base which is growing in both size and sophistication.
That is why we need you.
Our flagship product, Atlas, is a “consumer grade enterprise product.” Think Apple experience with Oracle utility. Atlas supercharges our users’ work by providing them with information on virtually every commercial property in the country. There is literally no other data source like this available anywhere. All that data is interesting, but it isn’t powerful unless you have the ability to work with it, which is why we are building a full suite of specialized software tools on top of it.