Director of Recruiting (Remote)
Routable is simplest way to send and receive business-to-business payments.
✅ Send payments to vendors with just an email
✅ Get paid faster and keep track of unpaid invoices
✅ Automatically update your accounting software of choice
We started Routable due to our personal experiences scaling business payments.
Having built in-house solutions, custom integrations to accounting software, and understanding the importance of payments visibility to entire teams, we decided to devote our time to ensuring that companies can be set up with a solution that works for their finance and accounting needs today and in the future.
Routable is a B2B payments platform built to make bill payments and mass payouts fast and seamless. Our mission is to be the simplest way to send and receive business-to-business payments. Unlike other payment platforms, Routable’s modern, easy-to-use API allows you to build a powerful payments infrastructure in minutes.
We’re a Series B startup with $46M in funding. We’re helping some of the largest marketplaces and gig economy companies, including Ticketmaster, Snackpass, and Garmentory. Hundreds of finance teams trust our decades of experience in building B2B payment solutions.
Our environment encourages intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and openness—one that provides the support and mentorship needed to succeed, learn, and grow. We'll make sure you have everything you need to do your best work and make an impact. We’re a fully remote startup with our team working from a city they love across the United States, Argentina, and Canada.
About the Role
As the Director of Recruiting reporting to the Head of People Operations, you will have the exciting and unique opportunity to build your own recruiting function. This role will focus on building both a highly functioning recruiting team and the infrastructure to take Routable through our next phase of explosive growth.
As a trusted partner to the leadership team, you will work closely with the Head of People Operations and with all levels of management to help build and support highly functioning teams. You will drive impact by setting up or refining existing aspects of the recruiting function - from implementing processes and tools to advising on best practices and creating efficiency. You will be most successful in this role if you care deeply both about our business and our employees and are excited about doing everything you can to make our team thrive.
Routable is a remote-first, fast-paced, technical, and results driven organization that is scaling quickly. You will need to be able to stay one step ahead of our growth and be able to build, support, and help enhance our organization as we scale.
- Own the day-to-day operations of the recruiting function. This includes defining and driving our recruiting philosophy to create predictable and consistent hiring results that are aligned with hiring managers and leadership goals.
- Use your specialized experience to help us revamp the infrastructure and recruiting tools, thus increasing efficiency for the hiring and recruiting teams alike.
- Ensure the recruiting team’s vision for success is aligned with the company’s business goals. Function as a role model, leader, and collaborative execution partner across all departments.
- Grow the recruiting team as needed to support Routable’s explosive growth (will start by hiring at least one Technical Recruiter) and create an environment for your team to deliver the best work of their careers.
- Own and recruit on all business, non-technical open reqs (in initial stage), and ensure that we are hiring the strongest, most inclusive candidates for the role.
- Collaborate with our leaders to create compelling sourcing strategies that drive successful outcomes, with a heavy emphasis on diversity and inclusion. Search for and utilize traditional and non-traditional methods to increase the likelihood we can bring new backgrounds and perspectives to the team.
- Own and refine relationships with recruiting agencies and vendors used across different teams.
- Champion our employer brand and partner with internal teams to refine our existing recruiting marketing strategies. - Identify varied opportunities to drive brand awareness.
- Leverage data and metrics to lead towards and achieve goals.
- Over 5 years of recruiting leadership experience and a demonstrated ability to architect best in class teams, talent strategies, processes, and tools. You have scaled and managed high-performing recruiting teams at software or tech companies.
- You value individual and team development. You have successfully led your teams to higher levels of performance.
- You have a high EQ and are a trusted partner in talent. You advise the recruiting team on the best strategy to fill positions and guide business teams.
- You are highly empathetic and customer service oriented. You enable an amazing experience for candidates and hiring teams alike.
- You are passionate about inviting more diversity and inclusion in the workplace. You develop and run initiatives to support this goal. Prior success with DE&I initiatives is highly valued.
- You believe momentum is critical to successful recruiting. You build systems and processes to empower your team to drive their own work.
- You have significant experience with Applicant Tracking Systems or CRM systems. If you have not used a specific tool, you feel comfortable researching it and playing around with it to learn what happens.
- You make data-driven decisions. You manage the hiring plan and drive change with insights from various data sources.
- You are well-versed in hiring a global team. You have scaled hiring strategies to reach a global talent pool.
- You are comfortable partnering directly with founders and executives to build hiring plans and deliver.
- Bonus points if you have experience with working in, building teams in, and pitching a remote work experience and culture (preferred)!
You must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We are a remote first company! Rather than restrict ourselves to only find talent in one city, we’d rather find the absolute best people regardless of where they live. One amazing benefit to our remote culture, is that it enables our team to enjoy traveling ✈️ more regularly since they can work from wherever!
Reporting The Director of Recruiting reports directly to the Head of People Operations.
Our Core Values
At Routable, we are driven by our values. Our values act as guiding principles when it comes to our work, our hiring practices, and ourselves. We talk about them every day and praise each other based on our ability to embody them.
💞 Engage with Empathy: Have empathy and a deep understanding for your peers, and our customers. This means no ego and cultivating relationships by actively listening to each other's needs.
🤝 Volunteer Assistance: Helping others is always a priority, even when it is not immediately related to the goals that we are trying to achieve. We make it a point to foster an environment of inclusiveness for our remote team.
💪 Own It: We are all company owners and we act like it. We make data driven decisions and jump at the opportunity to be accountable. Taking action when you see a problem is our default state.
🛠 Build with Purpose: We are collectively building the product and company of our dreams. We are intentional with everything we do and are always looking for ways to improve. We sweat the details.
🧬 Expect Authenticity: We do not compromise our values when it comes to our team and our customers. We champion originality. Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
Rendezvous To help foster amazing relationships with our coworkers, we meet up twice a year as a whole team in some pretty awesome cities! In the past we’ve met up in San Diego, Seattle, and Austin. We’d rather invest money into memorable team events rather than expensive offices. During our meet-up team time, we love to spend time learning a new skill together, and solving problems. Most recently this has taken on the form of a bread-making class and defeating an Escape Room.
Note: we have paused our meetups due to COVID-19 and will resume when it is safe for everyone to attend
🏥 Great Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
⛑ Employer paid Life, STD and LTD benefits
💲 Competitive salary
📈 Stock Options
💸 Work from Home Stipend
🚀 We're a remote team
🏝 Flexible vacation policy
Routable welcomes employees from varied backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our diverse community of Routers. Routable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to administering personnel actions, including hiring, training, promoting and compensating its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
💻 Fronted stack: React / Redux
⚙️ Backend stack: Python (Django)